Chapter 11

Camila's pov

Work. Work. Work. Work. Work. 

Can’t i just work from home?

I sat here now still in the office at the company bored out of my mind and with so much work on my desk. And i was nowhere near done.

Today was a particularly boring day. Lauren wasn’t working today because she had classes so that means she wouldn’t be able to help me out with these files or have lunch with me. I could ask Ariana but I barely knew her. She was my assistant for the moment but I didn't want to have her to help me with something that was literally left in my hands until my father got back.

I visiblibly pouted at the thought. I decided to text Dinah and see if she wanted to have lunch with me today and catch up. We hadn’t hung out since the sleepover and I already missed the girls. I may have a lot of work but I had a lot of time on my hands to tackle all this at once, and a little distraction and relaxation would probably help.

I’ve grown close to the girls since I met them through Dinah and i can honestly say they were my best friends now. They are like the friends you would have in high school who would come over whenever they can, to have a sleepover and gossip about what’s going on in school. 

It was new to me ...to have people I could trust and feel so close to but i loved having people I can go to if I'm having a bad day or need to talk to someone about my life, or just have time off and hang out.

Chancho: cheechee you want to have lunch with me?

Cheechee : Yeah okay, but i thought you were at work?”

Chancho: I am but i have no one to have Lunch with….

Cheechee: Don’t you usually have lunch with Lo?

Chancho:Yeah but she’s not here today she has school

Cheechee : Aww i’m so honored to be you second choice

Chancho: So is that a yes?.....

Cheechee: mmmm  i guess ...just send me the address and I'll be there in 10

Chancho: YAY! 

I smiled and packed up my things and made my way out of the office. Making my way to the lobby I always found it weird how when it came to lunch break everyone was so quick to get out of this place. I guess there just really hungry.

I texted Dinah the address and waited in front of the building where in no time i met up with Dinah. We decided to walk to some local food joint, there was a small patio in so we decided to sit there seeing it was a particular warm and nice day out.

We sat down and Dinah didn’t waste any time in starting a conversation.

“So what's up? How is it running over your dad’s company?” Dinah said disregarding her menu in front of her and leaned her arms against the table.

“Way more difficult than I thought,” I said and sighed lightly setting my menu down in front of me and copied her position ”but Lauren helps me out when she can” I said smiling at the thought of the green eyed women as Dinah looked at me with a smirk like she knew something.”but like i said earlier, she wasn’t here today”

“Don’t you an assistant? Why is Lauren helping you?” 

“Well yeah but i don’t know her like that and i feel comfortable around Lauren, she's been a big help” I said playing with the menu in front of me as I shrugged.

“You guys getting pretty close” Dinah said as a waiter came over and served us coffee. We thanked him before I spoke up.

“Well yeah she’s amazing and easy talk to you...i don’t know” i said sipping on my drink.