Chapter Nine: You're Unstable

Chapter Nine:

You're Unstable 

"Do you suspect the pack wolves will doubt me any further?" I questioned, taking a sip of the code red Mountain Dew to wash down the remainders of my breakfast.

"No," Otets responded before taking a sip of his chilled vodka. "You've proven yourself plenty tonight, killed the traitors within the Elders ranks through public execution. If anyone does go against you they deserve to die due to their stupidity, and if not for anything else, to cleanse the gene pool of their idiocy." 

It was Saturday morning, Otets and I sat together at the island counter enjoying yet another one of Uncle Owens' miracle meals. We each had a plate piled high with bacon and blood sausage along with a side of seared potatoes. Owens had long since left the room, leaving my father and I alone. My brothers, the mamma boys that they are, have been hanging out with Mama since my ascension ceremony ended. 

"When will you and Mama be leaving?" I asked, glancing up at my father. 

He shot me a look as he too finished his meal. "Today. I will not stay in our packs capital, to let the pack wolves disgrace you by referring to me as Alpha Konstantin. Your mother and I will leave after we give you a gift, a present for becoming eighteen." 

I perked up at this. "A present?" I asked, turning on my stool to completely face him. 

Otets nodded, a large wolfish grin shaping his full lips. "Yes, a present. One that your mother and I are sure you'll love, something from her personal arsenal that we've made some upgrades to with the help of your Grandpa." 

A rush of excitement coursed through me. Mama's arsenal was her widespread collection of weaponry; guns, swords, daggers and the like from all sorts of civilizations. Due to her past occupation as an ace of the Fylakas gang that Grandpa Aaron runs Mama managed to collect a rather impressive variety of weapons. Something she was tremendously proud of and doesn't allow anyone to mess with. She doesn't even allow Otets to touch the weapons within her arsenal, despite him having donated quite a few weapons to it. 

I could only imagine what Mama deemed fit for me. "I can't wait to see it." I stated with a small grin. 

Otets leaned forward and pressed a kiss against my forehead as he stood. "I'm positive you'll love it. Now I'm going to go look for your Mama and brat'ya. I know you probably have work to get to." 

And work I did have, provided that Vladislav got me the information I requested earlier. I nodded and murmured in agreement as he left the room, waiting till he left to leave myself. Walking quietly towards my office I couldn't help but to notice how quiet it was within the pack mansion. Most men who worked as both warriors and members within the Konstantin gang stayed here, just in case there was ever a need for sudden manpower. 

I stepped into my office slowly, paranoia creeping throughout my mind at the silence of a den of wolves. Even so, not a single foreign scent wafted to my nose. Vladislav's stale scent danced about the room, telling me that he did fetch the file I had asked for. Kanjax's scent fluttered about staler still, yet I seemed to notice it far easier than Vladislav's. Odd. 

Only a single file sat atop my clean mahogany desk, a large manila folder that seemed disappointingly thin. I plopped down onto my large black chair, sinking into the cushion with a sigh. By the look of the folder Vladislav didn't find much on Kanjax. Even so I reached forward and flicked it open, my eyes dancing across the paper. In the upper right corner was a photo of Kanjax, it looked like a mug shot with how grim a look he sported. I skimmed my fingers over the paper as I read.