Chapter Ten: Ulysses

Chapter Ten:

Ulysses

"I never would have expected you to call for me, Alpha Konstantin. You seem to rather avoid me." Kanjax stated, having just arrived after a four hour flight. 

I glanced up as Kanjax uttered those words, seeing him standing before my desk. "Well, you are annoying." 

He moved to sit before me, pulling his chair as close as he could to my desk just as before. "If I'm so annoying why call for me? What business could you have with me, a beta, rather than my uncle the Alpha?" 

I looked away from him, looking down at my map. "I'm planning on invading Alpha Jackel's territories." I stated simply. 

Kanjax cast me a look of interest, glancing down at my map. "Why would you tell me? I'm from another pack, with no authority over where our army goes." 

I snorted, finding his lies funny. "Oh really? Border Wolf of the Line." 

Kanjax froze before me, a light blush drifting across his cheeks from his title. "I'll take it you did some research on me then. Why the sudden interest?"

I shrugged looking him over for a moment. His blond hair was brushed backwards messily, as though he had rushed over without a thought. Something shined within his gray eyes as he watched me look over him, a small smirk dancing over his full pink lips. He wore a black v-neck t-shirt and a pair of faded jeans. 

"Why would I have to explain myself to you, a beta?" I decided to say, not planning on explaining to him Grandpa Aaron's unbelievable idea that he's my mate. 

Kanjax chuckled, not having expected me to be so forthcoming. "Very well. If all you had in mind for today was to inform me of your imminent attack on the Jackel Pack I best be leaving now. Let my uncle know of this, see what we can do in the mean time." He stated this as he stood, but a sour look graced his features, looking as though he truly didn't want to leave quite yet. 

Odd.

"Spar with me." I stated, staring up at him, deciding to honor his wishes of a longer visit. 

Kanjax paused his movements, casting me a soft glance. "I would love to." 

We left my office and stood outside in the garden behind my home only a few minutes later. "You better not try to go easy on me. Otherwise you will grow to regret it. One thing I hate is someone going easy on me since they view me as weak since I'm a woman." 

Kanjax just sent me a smile. He didn't seem like the type to go easy on someone on purpose anyways. We stretched for a few moments, glancing at each other with narrowed eyes. I wasn't a short woman but Kanjax still seemed to tower over me, a height advantage for him that would seem to be rather annoying for me. 

All was still for a few moments before we suddenly clashed, our bodies slamming into each other harshly. The noise of flesh slamming against flesh echoed throughout the afternoon air, drawing the attention of the wolves within the mansion. A few men came outside, grinning at the sight of a sparring match. 

My blood rushed through my veins furiously, a roaring echoing within my ears as my heart beat quickly. Sweat doused my flustered flesh, the excitement of a battle making me anxious for the outcome. My warriors heart emerged, the urge to drown within the throes of battle becoming my main focus. The urge to be covered in another's blood, blood from wounds I dealt.

Kanjax and I were shoulder to shoulder, grunting in effort as we tried to make the other loose their footing. In a flash we withdrew, both of us shooting a high at the other with our right leg. Blow upon blow we dealed out the same moves, our limbs blurred as our movements seemed to be mirror images of the other.