Chapter Twenty-One: A Slaughter

Chapter Twenty-One:

A Slaughter

Four hours later, in a large hulking cargo ship, Kanjax, Cerys, Dakarai and I landed not too far from our target. I wasn't surprised that we didn't find much resistance whether it be when we were travelling by plane or when we started using vehicles. Alpha Jackel wasn't prepared for an invasion, and certainly not one from me. The only borders he bothered protecting were between his and Alpha Samuels' pack.

By the time we reached the compound Vladislav and Alexeis' siege should be well underway. I don't know how well their information circulates, but it's highly likely that they'll be rather alarmed before we can even make the first attack.

"Nervous?" Kanjax asked from beside me.

I cast him a glance as we jolted along the rough road. "Not really. I'm oddly serene, like the calm before a storm."

He was quiet for a moment, looking down at me with a soft smile. "I thought that you would a little more excited than this. Would've thought you'd have an itch for battle."

I shrugged, not sure what to say. He was right to assume I was one to itch for battle, to relish in the violence and the mess of things. For me to be so calm it was an oddity. Out of my siblings, I was not the one known for being levelheaded. Being quick to anger, and quick to use my fists, was always more my forte.

It was almost as if I had lost my bloodlust... I thought to myself, as my gaze shifted to Kanjax's neck. Thinking about the time he had let me drink his blood. I hope this lack of bloodlust won't affect my performance in the battle.

The van came to a halt, meaning we were at a reasonable distance from the compound. We exited the vans to find that we were pulled over on the side of a country road, a forested area just passed where our vans were parked. Our army stood within the thin forest, hidden from view.

Two-hundred or so men and women stood before me, and a ridiculous trail of vans were parked behind me. Kanjax, Cerys and Dakarai stood silently, their arms crossed behind their backs. It surprised me that even Dakarai had taken up a serious attitude.

"We stand here, just moments before a battle. A battle that will undoubtedly lead to a war." I called out. "Lives will be lost, but make no mistake, we shall take far more than the enemy. For we are Konstantin pack wolves and for every life they take we shall take two as replacement." The wolves roared and howled in response, stomping their feet against the soil. "It will be tough, for we have more than likely lost the element of surprise. A few states over our brothers and sisters are fighting to take hold of another stronghold! We would do them an injustice if we fail and let this territory slip through our fingers! Failure is not an option!

This is where we make our stance! A position in this territory will spell a new destiny for our pack. A destiny of our own making! Today will not be the end of our pack, rather, the beginning! We will charge under the coverage of the forest and we will not stop until we've overrun the compound!" I finished with a yell, my last words nearly drowned out by their rumbling responses.

I turned, facing the four who would hopefully be by my side until the battle ends. We began the march, heading away from our vans and towards an area of uncertainty.

"Kill all who resist. Any who surrender are taken prisoner. Pass the order." I stated to Kanjax, who then turned and relayed the order.

The walk through the forest was surprisingly somber, each wolfs nerves getting to them. We hadn't fought in a war in a long time, sure a few skirmishes here and there but nothing too major. The battle to acquire Alpha Belam's territories wasn't much of a fight at all.