ch.22

"Are you sure?" Fuchs asked.

"We got her voice on a flash drive giving orders," Hotch stated in an edgy tone.

"Why would Chief Strauss do such a thing?!" Griffith exclaimed. "She wanted to ruin Hotch's career" Rossi answered as they stopped at the elevator. The IA agents looked at each other, confused. Rossi cut in.

"Erin Strauss was always an ambitious woman, she wanted to climb her way to the top of the FBI just so she could get famous. In her mind, Hotch stood in her way" Rossi said.

"But he didnt do anything to Strauss" Griffith stated.

"Guys, I'm standing right here" Hotch reminded them. He reluctantly continued where Rossi left off. "In her mind, I was the disease of the Bureau-"

"Which basically just meant herself" Prentiss interrupted.

"She tried everything to get my team broken up and to get me fired. She tried to use Prentiss as her spy."

"Woah a spy seriously?" Camilla said surprised.

"Basically, she was to join the team for the sole purpose of getting dirt on me and reporting to her" Hotch answered.

"A move which backfired greatly" Prentiss said bitterly.

"She also tried to use recent events to prove Hotch was an incompetent leader" Morgan explained. "Such as?" Fuchs asked which took the words out of Camilla mouth.

"Thats a story for another day, my friend" Rossi answered.

"But why have innocent couples killed and pin the blame on you?" Fuchs answered. "Best guess, it was the last straw" Rossi stated.

"When Prentiss refused to play her games, she must've snapped" Morgan answered. "She had details of my divorce and tried to use it before" Hotch answered. "How?" the team asked at once.

"She said if I couldn't be a good husband and father, how could I be a good leader to my team" Hotch answered, "I just never thought she would use-"

"No one did, from what I have heard Erin Strauss is a sociopathic bitch" Camilla burst out. The team looked shocked at her outburst. "Sorry, but its true"

"She never even thought about Jack"Reid whispered. "The recent divorce, plus the fact that I wouldn't play her games, set off a storm" Prentiss responded. "Prentiss, you know this isnt your fault" Hotch stated. "I know. I know"

"How could someone have so much content for someone who didnt do anything wrong?" Griffith wondered. "I dunno, I just dont know. But she hated Hotch for a long time. For whatever reason, she saw him as a threat" Morgan answered.

"And when Hotch went to jail for those murders, she would be a hero who saved the world from a murderous FBI agent" Reid answered. Hotch cringed.

"Ok so what would happen if Agent Hotchner went to prison?" Fuchs again. "Simple, she was going to have me killed"

"How?! Why?!" Fuchs asked. That way there would be no chance of hotch coming back," Rossi said, "So the FBI would be 'better off without him', As for the how, I really dont know. All the Felixes said that she was planning on killing him" "And the Felix Brothers" Griffith asked.