ch.26

Mabel had complied a list of possible locations within the five mile radius. Most of the locations were old abandoned warehouses or property that had been deserted by the owners. She felt a sense of hopelessness when she looked at the nearly twenty-three locations.

"Mabel, this list...it's too long"

"Last I checked you have a room full of FBI agent downstairs, let them help you."

"Kirkwood was very specific...no one but me. If he sees anyone else he's going to kill my team."

Mabel stopped typing and turned to face the stressed out woman. The look in her eyes betrayed her she wanted to show strength but her eyes, dark, and angry told the truth. Her friends were going to die if she couldnt get to them before time ran out.

"I've heard a lot about you and everybody says you're the best at what you do. I know you can save your team"

"You know this is a test, right?"

"A test?"

"Yes."

"What kind of test?"

"When you figure that out, then, and only then will you find your friends"

She tuned back to her computers and began typing while Camilla looked puzzled and even more confused than when this whole nightmare started. She turned and without another word left the room and headed towards the conference room to brief Cruz.

TEAM POV

"Do you think she got the message?" JJ asked a bruised Reid.

"Knowing Camilla, she got the message"

"Now we wait." Morgan added.

Kirkwood was getting itchy time was passing too slowly for him and he needed some entertainment. He wondered how Camilla would enjoy watching him play with her friends. Boredom always made his mind wander and so he headed towards the room that held his guests.

The door swung open and all eyes were now focused on the three men. Hotch wanted desperately to smash the smile off of Kirkwood's face. With a motion of his head, the two men moved toward Emily grabbing and yanking her to her feet.

"Where are you taking her?." JJ yelled.

"You can come too if you want." Kirkwood chuckled. "The more the merrier, and I see you have a little one in the oven so I won't bother you"

JJ sat back in silence as the men pulled Emily out the door. Hotch leaned his head against the wall and closed his eyes. He hoped that Reid was correct and Camilla had gotten his message.

BAU

Camilla and Cruz stood in front of a large map of the area. Each location on the lit was marked with a red stickpin. Within twenty three potential hiding places, the task before her was daunting. Even so, she couldn't help but feel as though something was missing.

"Something's not right, Cruz."

"What do you mean?"