ch.71

First Floor

"Baby girl, we made it to the building." Morgan replied as they reached a small ladder at the end of the tunnel. Morgan stepped up the ladder and within a few seconds came across a vent cover. He pushed it out and climbed out of the vent, landing on the basement room floor. As JJ and Emily climbed up the ladder, Morgan slowly stood up in the dark room with his weapon ready.

"Clear." he whispered.

After making it to the first floor, Morgan, JJ and Emily walked past the main entrance desk and turned into a hallway that led to a stairwell. There, they instantly spotted Goldstein. He was walking and fidgeting with the handcuffs that chained his arms behind his back. He was so distracted by the handcuffs, he didn't see the agents approaching him with their guns drawn.

Morgan came within ten feet of Goldstein and exclaimed. "Freeze!"

The CIA agent stopped dead in his tracks and slowly turned around. JJ aimed her gun at a spot on his chest and commanded. "Don't move."

Goldstein lunged forward, which caused the both of them to fire two shots into the agent. The man instantly hit the floor, allowing the sounds of gunshots to echo through the building. "JJ, they heard you from upstairs. Jackson and Indigo just took off!"

"What about Hotch and Camilla, baby girl?" Morgan asked.

"I can still see them! They just left them there. You guys, they are sprinting down the hallway away towards the other side of the building. Hurry!"

Once they reached the fourth floor, she exclaimed. "Derek and Emily you try and catch them, I'll get Hotch and Camilla!" They nodded and took off. JJ entered the room and let out a sigh of relief when she saw Hotch and Camilla. After spotting the key on the desk, JJ picked them up and started to unlock her team mates. Once freed, Hotch took a breath and immediately put a hand on his wound. He pushed himself up using the wall for support and asked. "JJ where is Morgan and Emily?"

"They went after Indigo and Jackson. We shot Goldstein-"

"Yeah, we heard form up here." Hotch stated and found Morgan walking towards hm with a scowl on his face. "They're gone." he growled. "Garcia saw them take off down the hallway. I think they used the roof and the balcony to escape."

"This is turning into a complete nightmare." JJ said. "Landers is dead-"

Camilla and Hotch turned their heads in JJ's direction. "He's dead?" asked Hotch.

"Indigo shot him during a shootout with her outside." Morgan said.

Camilla limped over to the group and fell onto her butt. "Call Garcia for help." she asked.

JJ pulled out her phone. "Are you safe?" Garcia asked.

"Not yet, Pen. We need you to call anyone for help. Hotch and Camilla are bleeding pretty badly and need medical attention. Also, see if you can alert the military that Indigo and Jackson escaped. Both escaped about five minutes ago."

"Ok, JJ I am already way ahead of you. I'm sending out their mug shots to every military system I can get my hands on. Also, Reid was able to get in touch with the Pentagon and they just sent out a helicopter from here to get you guys."