ch.20

The team gathered around for the case briefing, just like always.

"Okay, so this is happening right here in Quantico" JJ said.

"Quantico" Hotch asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, Quantico. Two couples were found shot to death execution style. Martha and James Roberts were the first couple. Two days after that, a neighbor found Erica and Matthew Ford dead in their apartment complex"

"Well, aside from the fact they're couples, they're really not similar. James and Martha were approaching their fifteenth  anniversary and Erica and Matthew were newlyweds" Prentiss observed.

"Was anything taken?" Morgan asked "For all we know, these could just be burglaries gone wrong"

"Local PD found nothing of value" JJ answered. "And I've got Garcia digging into their lives"

"Whether these are burglaries or not, the killers calling off period is short" Hotch stated. "Wheels up in-"

Before he could finish, Agent Fuchs and Agent Griffith from the Internal Affairs stormed in. "Agent Hotchner, you are under arrest for the murders of Martha and James Roberts and Erica and Matthew Ford" Fuchs stated, "You have the right to remain slient"

"What are you talking about?" Hotch asked. "I didnt kill those couple. My team and I were going to fly out tonight to investigate it!"

"DNA in both homes proves you were there" Griffith answered.

"I was never there!" Hotch protested.

"Dont worry Aaron," Rossi said, "We'll take care of this"

The team could only look on as their Unit Chief was escorted out of the conference room in handcuffs.

Interrogation:

"Gentlemen, I assure you this is a mistake" Rossi said as Hotch was being led into an interrogation room.

"Oh this is no mistake, Agent Rossi" Griffith answered. "We found his DNA in the Ford home"

"What about the Roberts home?" Camilla asked.

The IA agents didnt answer.

"Look, we were just leaving to investigate the murders. Let us help you. We can prove Hotch didnt do this"

"Thats not what the DNA says" Fuchs retorted.

"Let us help you" Rossi urged.

"Agent Hotchner, where were you on the night of the murder?" Fuchs asked.

"For the last time, I was in my office finishing paperwork. Ask anyone here"

"Thats not what DNA at the Fords home tells us" Fuchs said, "It proves you were there"

"Look, I didnt even know the couple!" Hotch exclaimed, "besides, how could I have been there and at my office?"

Griffith was looking at the file and said. "One year ago, your divorce from Haley was finalized. How did that make you feel?"