ch.66

The BAU worked straight through the night, and as the sun came up Morgan, Emily and JJ returned to the apartment with cups of coffee for everyone. Hotch was looking at the map as he felt a headache growing.

"Drink." Rossi ordered Hotch giving him a cup.

"We''re missing something."

"You're tight. But staring at the same thing for hours isn't going to help. Look at me Hotch. You need some rest."

"I'll rest once we've found Camilla."

"Listen to me Aaron. I know how you feel about her. I know how scared you are. But believe me when I say that you're not doing anything for her by not getting a bit of sleep. You know that."

Hotch sighed and looked around the room and went to his room to lay down. "Im so sorry, Camilla." he whispered.

...

The next time Finch came to check on her, she didn't hear him coming, so when the door opened she was unprepared for the light. Camilla let out a yelp and ducked her head.

"Ah, you're up."

"Yep. Thought I must say, not the best sleep I've ever had."

"Witty, aren't you?" The figure that was Finch stepped closer. "Don't you have the decency to look me in the eye?"

"Several hours in the dark doesn't help eyesight." she shot back.

"And feisty too." Finch squatted in front of her, and could make out most of his face once her eyes adjusted.

"Now, what's your name?"

"You mean you don't know?"

"It didn't matter to me. All I know is you're a member of Aaron Hotchner's team, and I think you care a lot about him."

"What makes you say that?" 

"Well for one thing the ring on your finger. You were the one that bought him him, and I don't think no one else wanted to go, so you must've really wanted to do it. And secondly, he's been staying at your house."

"Our house actually, we are married and have kids and a house together. You didn't seem to know that part, thought I would let you know."

"By the way, if you knew where he was, why didn't you strike earlier? Why kidnap me?"

"Because I need him to pay, and just killing him isn't enough. He ruined a very important business deal. He wasn't supposed to get all that money." His eyes narrowed. "Wait. You didn't tell me your name. What is it?"

Camilla glared at him. "Does it matter? I'm only a pawn here. I'm of no importance to you."

"Just the opposite, really. You're the most important part o the plan. Without you, Agent Hotchner wouldn't be playing right into my hands. So." he reached out and yanked her head by her hair. "What's your name?"

"Camilla. My name is Camilla."

"Nice to meet you, Camilla. I'll let you know when Aaron is here." He exited the room and shut the door behind him, leaving Camilla in the dark room.