ch.62

He frowned in confusion for a moment before his eyes widened. He quickly glance around to see if she was alone before dragging her inside. she had barely stumbled over the threshold when he slammed the door behind her and locked it. She started to examine the place as it looked really plain. Turning back around, she saw the hitch was watching her closely. He leaned against the door and tilted his head to the side.

"I don't believe it." he said.

"I don't believe it." she said quietly. "I can't believe I found you Hotch."

"You weren't supposed to."

Camilla blinked and took a step back. "Excuse me?"

"I left for a reason, Camilla. It wasn't safe for me anymore."

"Why didn't you tell us? The team, I mean. We would have done anything to keep you safe." she stepped closer. "We still would.

Hotch shook his head. "Go home."

"What?"

"I said go home." His voice hardened into the Unit Chief voice.

She stood up straight and stared at him. "I came here on my own, and im going to do what I came here to do."

"If you came to bring me home you might as well give up now." he spat. He pushed past and topped into the kitchen. Camilla followed.

"When have you known me to give up? His back was to her as she gripped the edge of the countertop.

"Alright. I understand why you don't want to come hime. I know about Damian finch."

Hotch's shoulders tensed, and he turned his head to the side a bit. "You don't know any of it."

"Then explain it to me!" she snapped. "I think you owe me that! I was the last person you talked to before everything fell to shit. I had to tell the team what I heard. I had to put up with their endless questions and their tears and their devoted looks." she paused. "I had to hear what I thought was the death of the man I love."

Hotch remained silent, and Camilla could feel her heart breaking with every second that passed. Shaking her head, she said, "Jack and Juliette are doing great, you know. Charlotte stays with them and she loves them. They really miss you. They don't understand why you're not there, and they clearly don't understand what they're saying about you. I suppose that's better. They don't need to know. You're still there hero."

"Enough!" he yelled, leaning over the countertop. Camilla jumped. Silence fell over the cabin again for a moment before she heard it. It was heartbreaking to her the sobs fill the room. Hesitantly she stood up and crept over to him. His shoulders shook as she wrapped his arms around his torso. Closing her eyes, she rested her head on his shoulders and just held him.

Camilla guided him over to the couch on the other side of the room. As soon as she sat him down, he pulled himself out of her grasp and leaned up against the back of the couch. "Im sorry," he said, clearing his throat. "You shouldn't have to comfort me. I can take care of myself."

"I know you can," she said. "But it's okay to break down and cry sometimes, especially after what you've been going through." she hesitated for a moment. "What have you been going through?" When hitch closed his eyes, she leaned forward and laid her hand over his. "Please tell me Aaron. I'll just listen."