ch.74

On the stairwell between the first and second, Walker crept towards the second-floor doorway with Hotch and JJ behind him. "Ready?"

JJ and Hotch nodded and Walker stepped onto the floor, spraying bullets towards Indigo's men. The SWAT leader only made it a few feet into the room before a bullet from one of Indigo's men stuck him in the neck, killing him instantly.

"Hotch, we're outnumbered!" JJ yelled to the Unit Chief as she counted five of Indigo's men and just one surviving SWAT member. He was cornered behind an opposing pillar with three of Indigo's men on one side and two on the other. The SWAT member was able to kill two before he was shot dead.

Hotch stepped out behind the pillar and shot down one of Indigo's men in the back. The remaining two turned around and started firing back. Hotch sprinted towards another pillar located five feet away and ducked behind it. The two men fired five shots before quietly walking forward, ready to shoot down their enemies.

"Here kitty, kitty." one of them taunted. JJ pushed herself against the large pillar and held her gun close to her face, once she realized that he was only a few feet away. Across from her, Hotch eyes the second gunman who was walking towards him. Still, out of sight, both FBI agents exchanged looks before both stepped out from behind the pillars and fired towards the gunmen.

Hotch's shot instantly killed the gunman closest to him, however, JJ's bullet narrowly missed the other gunman, allowing him a chance to fire a shot that hit her on the vest, also nicking her shoulder. Before the gunman could fire off another shot, Hotch pulled out his backup and fired two shots into the gunman.

JJ fell onto he back and felt a piercing pain in her collarbone. With her good arm, she unstrapped her vest as Hotch bent down. "Are you ok?"

JJ pulled off the vest and groaned, "Ow..." Hotch helped her to her feet as she muttered, "Thanks for that."

"You sure?" he repeated, causing JJ to smile. "I'm alright." her smile soon disappeared at the worried look on Hotch face.

"It's quiet upstairs," Hotch stated. "Too quiet."

They both ran upstairs. Upstairs, Rossi exclaimed. "Camilla?" after firing two shots into one of Indigo's men. He could only see both Camilla and Jackson lying still across from him. Rossi glances around the pillar he was hiding behind and spotted a man hiding behind a pillar diagonal from where Rossi was. The agent took a deep breath and stepped out from behind the pillar. The other man stepped put as well to fire, but Rossi fired to bullets that hit the man in the chest. He dashed to where Camilla and Jackson laid and pushed the dead CIA agent off Camilla.

Jackson rolled over easily and Rossi saw a bullet hole in the man's chest. He turned his attention back to Camilla, who started coughing.

"Talk to me, Camilla," he muttered. She groans and puts a hand to the back of her head. "Oww...I hit my head and the bloody gun jabbed me in the ribs."

"Yeah... don't scare me like that," Rossi said. He helped Camilla stand to her feet and observed the floor.

"How many did we get?" Camilla asked, taking a few steps forward. Four SWAT members were standing in the middle of the floor, examining their weapons.

"12 or 14. A little more than Walker had said."

"He also said Morgan, Penelope and Reid would be on the floor and where are the explosives?"