Thirty Second Chapter //

The Matchmaker's Boyfriend
Written by
whitebabylion ❣

Thirty Second Chapter //
Past and Present

Oliver's POV

1 message received
From: Hannah

Let's meet tomorrow. I miss you. :)

Compose Message
To: Hannah

See you.

Sa haba ng naging existence ko sa mundo, I have never been so sure than this time. Yes, I know, I've been a jerk a lot of times, and I've also wasted a lot of chances, but this time, I'll be making sure that everything will be put into place.

For my happiness, for Ellice.

"Mahal kita."

Ilang oras na ang nakakalipas simula nang marinig kong sabihin ni Ellice 'yan, pero paulit-ulit pa rin itong nage-echo sa ulo ko.

I want to hug her. I want to run over her place again and tell her how much I love her. I want to look straight into her eyes and tell her how much I badly want to spend my everydays with her. God knows how I really, really want to go by her side right now and just... be with her.

But, no. I want to fix everything first. Myself, Hannah, everything. Ellice must've endured a lot by herself, and gusto kong bumawi sa kanya this time. Ako naman ang gagawa ng paraan for us. Ako naman ang aayos ng mga bagay na ako naman talaga ang sumira. Ako naman... ako naman ang gagawa ng paraan para sumaya siya.

Please, Ellice, hintayin mo ko.

***

Morning came. Today is the day. Sisiguraduhin ko na before this day ends, Ellice will be freed from all the pain.

Because that's all I ever wanted— to make her happy. To see her eyes twinkle once again.

Her happiness is my happiness, and I want to give it back to her again. After all, she deserves it pagkatapos ng lahat ng pinag-daanan niya because of me.

30 minutes akong maaga kumpara sa napag-usapan naming oras ni Hannah. Hindi ko rin alam talaga kung bakit nga ba napaka-aga ko. Kinakabahan ako na hindi ko maintindihan. Kanina pa rin ako naglalakad pabalik-balik sa harapan ng Carnival kaya tinititigan na ako nung guard.

Hindi ako mapakali. I know that before this day ends, one of us three will be hurt and will spend the whole night crying.

Kung sino man 'yung isang 'yon, I have to be brave and make that decision today.

Mayamaya lang din ay nakita ko nang papalapit si Hannah, sporting a plain white tee and high-waist pants, with her pastel pink baseball cap. She's skip-walking towards me while smiling and waving.

Hannah is really beautiful. No, beautiful is actually an understatement. She's more than beautiful. Noon pa man, her beauty stands out, and she's the type that you'll really notice kahit isang beses mo pa lang tignan. She's also kind and loving. I was a lucky man for being her boyfriend once.

But there are things that are really not meant to be. An example of that... is us.

"Hey," she plainly said as she tapped my shoulders nung nakalapit siya sa 'kin, "gusto mo?"