1 🧬

My tiny feet took me around my house, down the stairs to the front door.

"Daddy!" I just in his arms as soon as he opens the large front door.

"Peanut!" He crouches and scoops me in his arms.

"I missed you, daddy!" I hug him tighter.

"I missed you too peanut. How was your day?" He says pulling away and kissing my forehead.

"It was so cool! I played lots and lots!" I cheered stretching my hands up.

"Really? What did you do?" He asks with interest.

"I played hide and seek with Neo. It was fun when I was hiding but no fun when he was the one," I pouted thinking about the time where I would look everywhere in the house and nothing of Neo.

"He tricked you to making you think you couldn't find him when in fact you found as soon as you opened your eyes," My dad explains, but it leaves me very confused.

"I don't understand daddy. What do you mean by that?" My eyebrows furrow as I look at him in utter confusion.

"Neo is the entire house peanut, as soon as you open your eyes, you can find him," My mouth turns to an oh as I realize what he meant.

"He's so tricky daddy! Let me tell him I figured his trick," I tried pulling away and going to my room. I wasn't mad at all, somewhat fascinated and just a tiny bit angry that he managed to trick me.

"He already knows peanut. He can hear us, right Neo?" Daddy speaks up and looks at the walls.

"That is right master," Neo's voice responds.

"Wow, I never thought of that," I say in amazement.

"I know. Now go and have fun while I go talk to your mother. Speaking of which, where is she?" Daddy ruffles my hair and stands up.

"She is in the kitchen making food!" I exclaim before running off to my room. As I run through the corridors lights flash on the wall as well as creaks follow behind me. To my few cousins that come to our house during Christmas and other holidays, they think it's very scary, but I grew accustomed to it.

"You shouldn't run around the house. You might get hurt," Neo's voice comes from the walls as soon as I sit on my bed.

"I know, I'm sorry. But you tricked me!" I apologize and giggle.

"Forgive me, but I thought you would've figured it out someday," He responded in his robotic voice.

"Someday like never!" I jump on my bed. "Let's watch TV," I lay back down and stare at the black screen that flickers on.

"What would you like to watch?" Neo asks, his smiley face. He didn't have a form so every time he was on a screen, it would show a smiley face.

"I don't know... Winx Club!" I squeal. I always loved how shiny and pretty their fairy forms were like.

"Alright. Playing Winx Club," Neo says before his smiley face disappears and the screen show an episode of the Winx Club I haven't seen.

"Thanks, Neo, you are the best!"

The wall behind me opened a hatch, and a metal tentacle with claws for grabbing came out and grabbed my hand. Neo had complete control of the house, including having arms that can do anything anywhere inside. (Like the ones from Dr. Otto Octavius from Spider-Man 2)

He does this every time I watch TV or when I sleep. And soon enough, my eyes closed and I'm sent into dreamland.

"Sleep well, my darling."