31. Pennywise X Gifted!Reader

Requested by HorrorFan9274
• • • • •

  You trudged through the sewers of Derry, trying to ignore the throbbing pain in your head. Your telepathy was causing you problems yet again. Having only recently discovered you had this power, you had almost no idea how to control it. Everybody's thoughts were constantly invading your mind and the noise was just too much sometimes. More often than not, you journeyed through the sewers to the one place you found solace from all the voices.

The underground lair of an ancient, evil space entity might not seem comforting to most, but to you, it was paradise. It was far from anybody's thoughts and the quiet was beautifully peaceful. Pennywise, most often in his clown form, was gracious enough to let you stay however long you needed to, even though his incessant munching sometimes got on your nerves.

You pushed open the large flood door that led to his home, the aged hinges squealing in protest. If anything, it helped announce your arrival so you didn't startle Pennywise. He had a tendency to bite when surprised. Wandering into the cluttered cavity, your eyes scanned for any sign of the clown.

  "Are you here, Pennywise?" You called softly, your voice reverberating around the room.

  You waited a few moments, but heard no reply. Maybe he was out? But, of course, just as that thought entered your mind, a pair of arms encircled you from behind. You squealed in fright as you were lifted up into the air, but in a split second, your rationality told you it was just another of Pennywise's pranks.

  You twisted around in his grasp, trying to get a look at the clown. "You put me down! You know I come here to relax!" You slapped at his arms.

  A disturbingly clown-like laugh erupted from the entity behind you. "But your fear is so good," Pennywise said, roughly lowering you to your feet.

  You spun around to face the clown, trying with all your might to look intimidating. It never worked on Pennywise, but he often humoured you with an exaggerated pout.

  "Am I in trouble?" He asked, failing miserably at holding back his laughter.

  "Yes, but you're lucky I'm in a good mood today." You shook your finger at him. "Otherwise, you'd really get it."

  "Ooh. Scary," the enormous clown cooed.

  He snapped at your finger, but you luckily pulled it away at the last second. You shot Pennywise another pointed look and wandered further into his lair, hoping to find a chair or a blanket to sit on in his hoard.

  "Maybe it's just me, but today, everyone sounded ten times louder than usual," you talked as you rifled through his pile. "It's like I couldn't turn it off." 

  You looked up and yelped as you saw Pennywise perched on his belongings like an overgrown spider above you. You ignored him and continued searching for something comfortable to sit on.

  "You haven't been practicing," he stated from above. You knew he had just read your mind.

  "It's hard when it's just me," you countered. "When you're helping me, it's a lot easier because you know so much more about it. When I'm doing it by myself, I don't know if I'm doing it right or wrong or if I'm doing anything at all."

  Pennywise hung down in front of you, face to face. "Maybe you should come see IT more often," he said with a sly grin.

  "Is the big scary clown getting lonely?" You teased.

  A genuine pout crossed Pennywise's face and he disappeared with the jarring sound of a balloon popping. You turned around and sure enough, he was standing behind you, still pouting.

  "I'm not lonely," he huffed.

  You smiled. "Of course not. You have me."

  You hugged the giant clown, laughing at his usual theatrical gagging.

  "Stop, you'll make me sick!"

  "Don't pretend you don't love me."

  You hugged Pennywise tighter, feeling his hands petting your hair in a reluctant affectionate gesture. You knew he cared for you. He just wasn't always the best at showing it. After all, it was negative emotions he fed on. The positive ones were probably a bit alien to him.

  "Are not," he argued.

  "Stop reading my mind without permission," you scolded. "We've been over this."

  "Then practice your blocking," he countered. "Don't make it so easy for me."

  You pushed him back, staring up at him defiantly. "Are you trying to test me?"

  Pennywise squatted down on all fours, smiling at you mischievously. "Do you want to be tested?"

  You threw up your hands in defeat. "Sure, why not? Like you said, I need practice."

  You sat down on the ground across from the clown, taking a few deep breaths to calm yourself and prepare.

  "It's like putting up a wall," you said, half to yourself, half to Pennywise for clarification. "I shield myself and push you out."

  "Push me out," Pennywise repeated. "Show IT how strong a little human can be."

  You nodded. "I'm ready. Go."

  Almost immediately, you felt the concussive force of Pennywise trying to push his way into your head. You shut your eyes and concentrated, imagining a huge brick wall in your mind. You imagined it tall and strong, taking the brunt of Pennywise's attack. For a few moments, it felt like it was working. You felt like you were keeping him at bay, but then, he broke through your wall, exploding it into a million pieces. You let out a frustrated groan, opening your eyes.

  "You got through," you sighed. "Again."

  "But you were better," Pennywise said, surprising you. "Made me work for it."

  You shrugged. "You didn't have to work much."

  "But it's a start."

  Pennywise crawled towards you, circling around you like a cat. He nudged his way under your arm, laying his head on your lap. You pushed his neck ruffles down, scratching at the side of his neck, just under the jawline. You knew it was a particularly sensitive spot for the clown and he loved it when you scratched him there. He purred appreciatively, a deep rumbling sound in his throat. Half the time, you expected his leg to start going like a dog.

  "Guess I just need more practice, huh?" You finally said, breaking the silence.

  "And more visits," Pennywise agreed, leaning into your touch.

  You smiled. You didn't mind the sound of that at all.

------------------------------------------------------------
okay so with the new it trailer my love for the clownboi is reignited lol

i love him

so i hope you all enjoy this oneshot!

i think it turned out really cute x3

and just in case i haven't said it before, hannibal lecter from silence of the lambs has been added to the request page!

now you can request a suave cannibal boy if you want to☺️