Chapter 33

Trouble in the Chunin Exams

The chunin exams were drawing near. Squad 7 was on some kind of mission to capture a red panda bear on the loose. Also, to gather some data for the scientific ninja tool that had a whole bunch of jutsu sealed in tiny scrolls.

Succeeding in capturing the red panda bear, Konohamaru was going to demonstrate how the ninja tool works, much to his students' curiosity.

Konohamaru powered his own rasengan from the tiny scroll, making it fly in the air. Boruto, Sarada, and Mitsuki's expressions were in awe.

Smiling proudly that he got to show off, his smile soon disappeared as he heard a huge explosion from behind him. The cause was his rasengan from the tiny scroll which lost control. In result, it destroyed someone's house.

"I'm filing a complaint to the Konoha police!"

Konohamaru looked scared out of his mind. "My wife's going to kill me..."

"Mother?" Mitsuki asked.

"Auntie?" Boruto asked.

Sarada shook her head, sighing in annoyance. "Yes, it's auntie. You didn't need to add yourself in, Boruto."

Boruto looked irritated. "Why are you only scolding me?!"

"Because you didn't need to give your two cents when it wasn't necessary."

Soon after, Kotomi arrived at the scene, apologizing to the people whose house was destroyed. She would have someone repair it right away after she completed the paperwork for it.

Seeing Kotomi walking towards him with a smiling glare, it sent a shiver down Konohamaru's spine. "Hi honey..!"

Knowing he says that when he knows he's in trouble, Kotomi crossed her arms. "Don't you hi honey me, mister."

Konohamaru swallowed. "You're not angry, are you..?"

"Now why would I be angry?" Though it was written all over her face that she was fuming inside.

Knowing that his wife was about to kill him on the spot, Konohamaru bowed his head apologetically. "I'm so sorry for my carelessness!"

Kotomi grabbed his scarf, pulling his face closer to hers. Her eyes were visibly angry. "You damn right better be sorry! Because of what you did, I have to write a long report about this mess, and get it approved by Naruto! And he has a lot of paperwork as it is!"

Boruto had his hands behind his head like he didn't care. "That's what he gets."

Kotomi glared at Boruto. "You wanna run that by me again, little boy?"

Seeing that she wasn't in the best of moods, Boruto straighten up. "No, m'am!"

Kotomi turned back to Konohamaru. "And as for you! Don't you do anything reckless like that again! Do you hear me?!"

Konohamaru nodded vigorously. "Y-Yes!"

Staring at his face up close made Kotomi start to blush. She released his scarf, looking away. "It's a good thing you're cute or else I would've knock your ass to the ground."