Chapter 13

Jessica's POV

Two weeks went by. I would wake up, go and see Hayden for as long as the visiting hours allowed me, go back to the cabin, and cry because of the loneliness. Hayden still hasn't woken up yet, and I'm really worried. I was currently on my way to the hospital when I discovered my feelings for Hayden. I liked him! More than like though. I loved Hayden. I wish he would just wake up!

I walked in and signed my name on the piece of paper. "Hi, Honey!" Janelle said with her peppy voice. She was the lady at the counter.

"Hi, Janelle." I said with a sad voice that contrasted hers.

"You know where to go." She said, and with that, I was on the elevator going up to the 4th floor. I was half way down the hallway waiting to go into room. There was currently a doctor in there, and I didn't want to be impolite. He waved his hand, signaling for me to come in.

"Miss Carrey." He said. He had a smile on his face. What is with smiling today? We ARE in a hospital.

"Dr. Lynch." I said.

"I would be happy to let you know that Hayden is doing almighty fine."

"Ummmm. Thank you." I said, only the thank you sounded more like a question.

"I will leave you two alone now." And with that, he left the room.

I went and sat on the chair by Hayden's bed. I waited, and waited, and waited.

It was now 12:30, and I was starving. I wasn't gonna let my hunger get in the way though. I wanted to be there when he wakes up.

2 more hours passed, and still no sign of him waking up. I wasn't about to leave. Then, I heard rustling from his bed. I looked over at him and saw his eyes open! Yayyy! "Hayden, are you alright?"

"Who are you?" Shit! This wasn't supposed to happen. I must have had a worried look on my face because he started to laugh. "I was just kidding, Jess! I wouldn't forget who you are!"

"Well it sure seemed like you did." I said with embarrassment.

"I'm sorry." He said, and sorrow filled his eyes. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"Of course you didn't." I said with sarcasm dripping from my voice.

"I mean it! I wouldn't try to hurt someone I love."

Wait, did he just say that?

"Did you just say what I think you did?"

"Shit...ummmm, what are you talking about?" He asked quietly.

"Ummmm.... I...." I was going to say, but I was interrupted.

"What?" He asked. He was smirking that stupid smirk.

I gave it up, but couldn't help but wonder if he said that out loud or not. I might just be imagining it. I just realized that we were staring at each other for a while.

"HEY BRO! I HEARD YOU'RE UP!" A loud voice yelled. I looked over to see it's Zach.

"What do you want, Zach?" Hayden asked, seeming annoyed.

"I was just coming to check on you...." He played the innocent card.

"Leave!"

"No!"

"Well, I'm gonna go. You guys can have your 'bro time'." I said putting air quotes around 'bro time'.

Seeing him awake was all I needed.

--------------------------

A/N hey guys!!!! Hope you enjoyed it!