Imagine Steve seeing you in hospital

"She's waking up", you heard someone say near you as your eyelids flickered open. Every part of you hurt, the light blinding your eyes, every breath laboured. You staring at the ceiling, trying to let your eyes adjust, before you turned to look at the person sat next to you. The red hair, the stern expression, none other than Natasha, her hand to her earpiece, still in her battle gear. "You have a lot of explaining to do", she said firmly, her eyes glaring down at you. You screaming in pain as you sat up to look at her better, your whole body refusing to cooperate. Natasha rose from her seat to leave the room as you looked down at yourself, seeing your almost bonelike fingers, your skin pale and all sorts of tubes and wires coming out of you. That's when it all came flooding back as you looked up to the door and saw him, Steve, his arms crossed, his expression set in stone. "You have me to thank that you're still alive", he said sharply as he came and sat next to you, his uniform battered and cut. You'd known where Hydra were hiding and had set out after them to get information from them, only things had turned. You'd ended up being captured, beaten and threatened for information instead. You had tried not to tell them, you'd refused, no matter how many times they'd left you bloodied and in a heap on the verge of death. That's when they had made the ultimate threat. "If you do not tell us, then we will kill Captain Rogers who we have as our prisoner". How could you refuse, you thought they were going to kill him. Even after you had told them everything you knew about Shield, they still refused to stop beating you. You'd blacked out, and now here you were. "I thought they were going to kill you. What else could I have done?", you croaked weakly. "Not go in alone. You nearly died. Besides, we lost good men going in there to get you out. Why should we even listen to you anymore if you go and pull a crazy stunt like that", Steve snapped, his nostrils flaring, clenching his knuckles. You gasped in shock, and pain; you didn't realise that Shield agents had died. "Steve, I'm sorry", you muttered shocked, unable to even look at him. "Why did you even bother coming to save me if you knew people would die?", you asked him as you started to cry. "Because everyone deserves a chance. I don't think you meant to do what you did, and you're too good a soldier to loose", he said quietly through gritted teeth. You could tell he was still mad at you, but even he had to admit it sometimes. "Steve. There is something you should know, about Hydra", you said to him suddenly, remember what they had told you before they had tried to kill you. "Steve. Can I talk to you? It's urgent", Natasha quickly said rushing into the room, gesturing for Steve to come outside. "Not now Y/N. Nat, what is it?", he said quickly, rushing out of the room to her. "Steve!", you shouted after him. Your heartrate was soaring and the machines were beeping alarmingly. The doctor came rushing to your bedside as you tried to get up, forcefully pushed you back down. You were about to tell him to stop when you saw his face, his wicked smile, you froze in horror. "Hail Hydra", the doctor whispered, before slamming a needle into your arm, injection you with a venomous black poison. You screamed as your body started to burn on the inside, your wounds opening up and bleeding as you cried. The doctor then began working the machine beside you, turning off the life support systems. Steve and Nat now hear what was happening and rushed inside to see you convulsing and shaking on the bed. Nat began to wrestle with the doctor but he'd eaten a pill, and died in her arms after a single blow. Steve rushed to your bedside, holding onto you, his eyes wide in fear. "Stay with me Y/N! Come on!", he shouted shaking you as you coughed up blood. "Hydra .... inside ... Shield", you croaked to him through hagged breath, before you breathed your last and your eyes closed, your body falling limp in Steve's arms. Nat immediately rushed out of the room calling for help, but all Steve could do was stand there, holding you in his arms, feeling guilty, your blood on his hands.