Imagine Steve talking to you

"Come on Cap. You need to get someone. You can't stay single all your life", Natasha chuckled as her and Steve walked down the corridor at SHIELD headquarters. She's been pestering him all day, teasing him with all the possible matches she could come up with at HQ. You couldn't help but listen to their conversation from where you sat alone in the dinner hall in the far corner, book in hand. No body seemed to bother with you as they all thought you were weird. You looked up from your book in time to catch Steve looking at you as he was getting some food and he remained frozen on the spot, just gawping like a kid. "Erm Cap, might want to move along otherwise you'll turn the pie into an iceberg", Natasha piped up, pushing past him. "Oh right", he stammered, snapping out of it, dropping his eyes as his cheeks turned pink. You giggled to yourself at his embarrassment before you turned back to reading your book. You'd just gotten to the bottom of the page when you glanced over the top of your book and gave a little yelp of fright. Steve was sat directly opposite you, staring at the back of the book, but now right at you. "Oh, I'm sorry", he stammered, his cheeks blushing as he tried to seem less intimidating, leaning back in his seat. "What can I, erm, help you with Captain?", you asked him, looking over at Natasha who was stood stunned back over the far side at Steve. "Oh, erm, nothing. I just wanted to come and sit with you. Miss erm...?", he said, trying to look at your name tag. "It's Y/N Captain", you said politely. "Well erm, Y/N, just call me Steve. And I, I didn't come over for help", he stammered, pulling at his collar. "Oh?", you said a little surprised. "Yes. Well erm, I came over to say that I think it's great that you're different and, I was wondering if you perhaps wanted to maybe erm, catch a movie?", he asked, his eyes unsure of where to look as he spoke a little nervously. You smiled at him, and winked over at Natasha. "Of course". He seemed a little taken aback by your reply, but his face grew into a large smile. "Great", he chuckled, before taking your hand and walking out.