Chapter 8: I Forgive You

I can't trust you. The words hit Louis like a ton of bricks. Clementine walked away, looking down at the ground with a pit of guilt buried into her stomach. Louis just stood there with his heart broken. What did this mean? Was their relationship over?

A hand caressed his shoulder. It was Violet. "It's okay, Louis. just give her time. I sure she didn't mean it."

"I ruined everything. If only I hadn't been such an idiot."

"You're not an idiot. It was just a stupid mistake that you made. Nobody's perfect."

"She was perfect. Perfect for me."

Violet looks down, frowning.

"Leave him alone for now, Vi." Minerva said softly. Violet slowly nodded and walked the other way with Minerva. Louis looked back at the couple walking away, hand in hand. He couldn't help but feel jealous. Jealous that he couldn't sense Clementine's warmth. Jealous that he couldn't just be a good boyfriend.

_____

Clementine wept in her room for hours until she finally soothed down. She felt like a total fool. She had broken up with him just because he made one mistake. The problem was, they hadn't actually broken up. They were technically still together. they just wouldn't admit it.

Clementine ultimately cried herself to sleep.

_____

Clementine woke up in a room where it was fully dark. She couldn't see anything.

"Hello?!" She yelled. Her voice echoed throughout the vast space. Suddenly, she heard Lee's voice behind her.

"Hey, Sweetpea."

"Lee?" Clementine questioned, still looking around. at last, she could finally see a light. They were pictures. Memories. Of Lee and Clementine. When they first met, when she saw her parents... When she... shot him. All the memories that she would permanently endure.

"I love you, sweetpea." Clementine spotted Lee's body gradually fading away.

"LEE!"

_____

Clementine shot up with her hair clinging to her forehead from the sweat. She got out of bed and grabbed her hat off of the dresser.

Clementine walked to the music room, careful not to attract any unwanted attention. She made it to the music room to see Louis playing a beautiful melody. Clementine took a deep breath and walked over to him.

"Hi..." She mumbled.

"Hey." He replied, not looking at her. An awkward silence filled the air.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Louis asked, looking up at the stars outside the large window. Clementine looked as well and smiled.

"Yup." Louis looked at her.

"I was talking about you." Clementine's face flushed into a deep red crimson. Louis turns his body towards her. "Listen, Clem, I really am sorry. I... I swear to you, I have no feelings for Sophie at all. But there is something I should tell you."

"Hm?"

"Sophie and I used to be a thing."

"What?!" Louis was taken aback by her sudden outburst.

"It was before you came! It was nothing serious." Clementine sighed.

"I just... wish that you could be more honest with me sometimes."

Louis looks down. "How about this? You tell me about your past, I tell you about mine."

Clementine smiles. "Sure, I guess." She sighs. "You better get ready, it's a long story."