Chapter 44: Everything I Wanted

Author's Note: "Here it is. The last chapter, the grand finale. I thank all of you for going through this rocky journey with me. This will always be my number one book. I love you all and hope that we can keep going as an angelic family."

***

Silence.

That's all they could hear in the room. 

Nobody could speak after the intense argument the two had had. 

On one side of the room, Louis was left sitting on the ground, racing thoughts running through his head. On the other side, was Clementine and AJ sitting on the bed. Fortunately, AJ had calmed himself down and was back to his senses.

Now and then, the couple took a glance at each other before quickly looking away. The guilt and regret ate them up inside, leaving them feeling distressed on their own.

Finally, Clementine had had enough of the silence. Standing up, she cleared her throat catching the attention of everyone, and by everyone, I mean two people, in the room.

"Okay, we can't just sit here and hope no one finds us. We need to leave." She stated, crossing her arms as she looked out the window, checking if anything was going on. (There was)

"Don't need to tell me twice," Louis mumbled, shoving his hands inside his pockets. Clementine let out a small sigh of relief, glad that it (probably) wouldn't be awkward.

"But we can't just walk out there, right?" AJ added. Clementine nodded.

"Yeah, you're right."

Suddenly, the trio heard a loud bang on the door, along with a person yelling. All of them backed up in fear as Clementine drew her knife, keeping both AJ and Louis behind her. The door slammed open, emitting a loud sound from the door crashing into the wall.

There revealed Javier standing there, covered in both dirt and blood. His bat, usually in the pocket secured on his back, was gone. He held his right shoulder with his left, bloody hand in pain as he panted heavily. Clementine scrunched her eyebrows together, observing his face. She noticed his eyes were bloodshot red for a split second before he tumbled to the ground, grunting in anguish.

"Shit, Javi!" Clem yelled, dropping her knife in an attempt to catch him fast enough. Luckily, she placed her hand under his head, preventing it from crashing into the floor. Clementine helped him sit up against the wall. "Oh my god-- Javi, what the fuck happened to you?"

Clementine winced as she spotted his wound on his shoulder that definitely looked painful. "W-what's happening out there..?"

Javi grunted once again. "It's... fuck." Javier's voice was extremely hoarse, so hoarse to the point it sounded like it hurt to talk. "Clem, I... please, go out there, and find Gabe for me. I'm already long gone."

"W-What..? No, Javi. Get up- wait." Clem trailed off, furrowing her eyebrows as she examined his wound. "Y-you... you didn't get bit, did you?"

Javier just looked down, shaking his head. Clementine's eyes widened as she stood up, turning around to face the wall. She covered her face with her hands.

"Fuck!" She bellowed, kicking the wall in the process.

"Clem, please calm do-"

"No, Javi. You are fucking bit! What the hell am I supposed to do now? How am I supposed to tell Gabe..? What is he and Kate gonna do without you?"

Clementine's line of questions sounded harsher than she intended them to be. She could notice tears well up in Javier's eyes. Clem crouched down in front of him, staring intensely at him.