Chapter 11: I Promise

Clementine runs back to her dorm, feeling different emotions. She was angry. But at the same time, she felt guilty for yelling at him. But... he kissed her! He shouldn't have done that no matter what.

Her door opens, revealing Louis.

"Hey, princess!" Louis sang as he plopped down next to her. She quietly chuckles.

"Hey, Lou." He frowns.

"Anything wrong?"

Clementine pauses. Should I tell him? Will he get angry? She thought. "I'm fine. Just tired." She lied.

Louis raises an eyebrow but shrugs. "A'ight. Well, after my work with Violet was done, I went on a supply run with Javi and found something."

"Oh yeah? And what is that?" She says while smirking. He takes out a small, dusty box and opens it to reveal a silver necklace with a chain that says 'love'.

Clementine widens her eyes have tears start brimming around the edges. She looks up at Louis who is smiling nervously. "D-do you like it?"

Clementine throws her arms around Louis as he hugs back. She whispers in his ear. "Yes. I love it." She pulls away from the hug and smiles at him.

"Could you put it on for me?" She turns around and moves her hair out of the way. Louis takes the necklace and wraps it around her neck. He attaches the separate parts together and places her hair in its previous state. Clem turns around and Louis smiles when he sees her.

"You look beautiful."

She blushes and looks down until a pair of lips touch hers. She melts into the kiss until Louis pulls away, staring into her honey-brown eyes. He finally widens his eyes and chuckles nervously.

"Oh! R-right! Um... It's supposed to be a 'promise necklace' or whatever. Javi came up with that idea."

"Oh? And what's your promise?"

Louis looks down and smiles slightly. "I... I promise to always try my best to be the best boyfriend to you... because, y'know... I love you and... I don't want to hurt you."

Clementine smiles at his nervousness. She kisses his cheek and holds his hand, intertwining their fingers together. "Well, I promise to protect you no matter what and to never leave you."

Louis chuckles. "Isn't that supposed to be my job?"

Clementine smiles and shakes her head. "Well, I already applied for it."

Clem and Louis share one last kiss before Louis stands up, ready to go back to his dorm. But then, a hand grabs his wrists. He turns around to see Clementine looking down at the ground shamefully.

"What it is, Clem?"

"Can you... well I was wondering... I mean, you don't have to..." She stuttered. Louis placed a hand on Clem's cheek to calm her down.

"What's wrong, darling?"

"Can... you... stay here for the night..?"

A blush darkens onto Louis' face but then he smiles. "Of course I will, silly." A smile lights up onto Clementine's face as she moves over on her bed.

Louis takes off his jacket and shirt as Clementine takes off her jacket. She widens her eyes and blushes when she see Louis shirtless. He notices this and smirks.

"What? Like what you see?" He flirts, making Clementine blush even harder. He chuckles as he shakes his head and lays down next to Clem, holding onto her waist as he brings her closer to him.

"Goodnight, darling." He says.

"Goodnight, idiot." Clementine mumbles before drifting to sleep.