Chapter 22: Together

Clementine furrowed her eyebrows. She felt her stomach churn and twist again, but she didn't care. All she considered was Sophie. How could she do that? How could she likely put her life at risk?

Clem got up from her bed and ran outside into the courtyard where Sophie was.

______

Clementine made it to the courtyard seeing Sophie obviously flirting with Louis. Anger had gotten the best of her as Clementine speed walked over to Sophie. She slammed on the table with her fists, making both Sophie and Louis jump.

"Care to explain?" Clementine said as she narrowed her eyes towards Sophie. Sophie just smirks deviously.

"Explain what, Clementine?"

"Oh, come on, I'm not dumb. I know what you did!"

"What did I do?"

Clementine narrowed her eyes at Sophie and gritted. "Oh, I don't know, maybe you poisoned my food!" Clementine yelled accusingly, making people's heads turn. Sophie looked around nervously.

"Is that true, Sophie?" Louis asked, backing away from her.

"Trust me, it is." Clementine reassured him. Louis looked at Clem apologetically.

"You know what's weird? I found out that the emetic poison in the infirmary was gone." Ruby chimed in, making Sophie even more nervous.

Murmurs started spreading through the yard.

"She did that?"

"Wow, she put Clem's life in danger."

"Is she a threat?"

Sophie's eyes darted towards Clementine before she narrowed her eyes at her and tackled Clem to the ground. People yelled as soon as the fight started. Sophie took out her pocket knife and stabbed Clem in the arm, causing her to groan in pain. Clementine got enough strength to kick Sophie off.

Clem quickly backed up and stood up. She held her arm in pain as blood started soaking through her shirt. It wasn't that bad, but it was definitely bleeding.

"Clem! Are you alright!?" Louis panicked as he scrambled over to her.

"I'm fine. It's not that bad." Clementine looked over to Sophie, who was still glaring at her. "So, what are we gonna do about her?"

Everyone was looking at Sophie with grimacing looks on their faces. Sophie gulped in fear as she didn't know what was going to happen. Let's just say, she would regret her actions.

______

Sophie's belongings were thrown outside the gates, along with her. "No! No! Please, I-- I'm sorry! I won't do it again!" She begged on her knees. Javier just shook his head.

"Sorry, you've caused too many problems for us. It's best you leave."

"Hold on." Clementine chimed in, stepping forward. Clem stood in front of Sophie and squatted down. Clementine was about to say one last insult before noticing Sophie neck. It had a necklace wrapped around it. Her necklace. Clementine smirked as she unclipped the necklace and took it away from Sophie. "I'll be taking this back."

Clementine walked away. She didn't feel sorry. Not one bit.

______

The drama, at last, subsided as Clementine was sitting in her room alone. This was the only time she felt peaceful. Away from all the danger. Away from all the people. She only has herself and her thoughts.

But all that was interrupted when someone came in. She groaned in annoyance, as her moment by herself was now ruined.

"Tired of me already?" A familiar voice chuckled. Clementine turned in the direction to see Louis smiling. Regardless of what had been going on, Clementine was happy to see him.

"Depends." Clementine laughs. Louis laughs along as he walks over to her bed and sits next to her. "Here."

Louis raises an eyebrow in bewilderment. Clementine reveals his palm and sets the necklace that he gave her in his hand. He frowns when he looks at it. It just evoked him of how much of a terrible boyfriend he was. He shakes his head in distress.

"No. You can keep it. I don't deserve it." Louis says while clipping it around Clementine's neck. She flashes a sad smile before a silence fills the room.

"Clem?"

"Hm?"

"What are we?"

Clementine looks up at him in surprise at the question. She hadn't expected a question like that. What were they? They definitely weren't a couple.

"I... don't know." She admitted shamefully, looking down at the ground. "I know you're sorry. And I am too. But, I don't know if I'm ready to forgive you yet."

Clementine didn't dare to look at his reaction. She kept her eyes glued to the floor. The words had hurt Louis. But it hurt even more that she wouldn't even look at him.

"Then I better go," Louis said as he stood up. He started walking towards the door.

"Louis, wait!" Clementine grabbed his arm, making him turn towards her. Without thinking, she grabbed the back of his neck and gave him a passionate-- almost sexual kiss. She pulls away, leaving a small string of saliva on both of their lips. He stares into her honey brown eyes before laughing.

"So, you forgive me now?" Louis asked hopefully.

"I don't know, do I?" Clementine joked. Louis raises an eyebrow as he thought she was serious. Clem laughs and lightly punches his shoulder. "I'm just joking, Lou. Of course, I forgive you. I just couldn't bring myself to do it." 

Louis flashes a toothy grin before lifting up Clementine and spinning her around, making her squeal in the process.

"L-- Louis! Put me down!" She says, laughing hysterically. He finally places her down on the ground and kisses her passionately, making her release a faint hum. 

The couple was together again, and Clem could not be any happier.

Sorry, this was a short one, this chapter was also requested by @aquamaam
(she changed her username :p) so thank you MAAM! :D 

.....

okay, I need to stop making jokes.

Goodbye, my angels!

- laila_angel