Chapter 37: Platonic

He had lost all his stamina, still limping, desperate to get back to Kingston. Louis finally saw the gates, but quickly collapsing from exhaustion. The last thing he detected was someone yelling before he passed out.

***

Clem walked in the infirmary, seeing Louis sleeping peacefully on the bed. She turned to Eleanor.

"He's okay. He just needs to rest." Eleanor reassured Clementine, wearing a warm smile on her face.

Clementine nodded, slightly hesitating. She turned around, about to leave the room when Eleanor called her.

"Clem?" 

Clementine turned back around. "Hm?"

"I never expected to say this to a girl this younger than me but... Thanks. For the advice about Tripp. I'll talk to Javi today."

Clementine smiled, nodding. She turned around again, walking out of the infirmary.

***

I'm coming for you.

I'm coming for all of you.

Just wait.

Ready...

Get set...

Go.

***

Clementine placed down the guitar as Millie quietly clapped, flashing a small smile. She stopped clapping and sighed, resting her head in her hand and gazing at Clementine.

"You're freakishly good at singing. God, I wish I could sing." Millie chuckled. Clem smiled.

"I'm sure you can. Anyone can sing. It just takes practice and, boom! You're done."

"Nah, I'm good. I'd rather kill walkers as a hobby." Millie laughed. "Now that I think of it, don't you think the apocalypse has limited the time for hobbies and skills? I used to love drawing. Shit, I even joined an art club. But now because of some dead-heads, I have to stop?"

Millie sat up, sighing once again. "I like you, Clem. You're determined, kind, and pretty. I wish I was you. All I am is some depressed junkie. I never did drugs, by the way."

A blush appeared on Clem's face from all the sudden compliments. She laughed. "Come on, Millie. You're none of those things. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to do something with your life. Just because it's the apocalypse, doesn't mean you have to stop." She reassured. Millie smiled.

There was a moment of silence before Eleanor came in. "Hey, Clem? Louis is awake if wanna talk to him." She said before leaving again. Clementine took a glance at Millie before standing up and heading to the door. 

"See ya, Mil." Clem sang, causing Millie to softly chuckle.

"Bye, Clem." Millie imitated Clem's tone, waving goodbye.

Clementine walked out the door, in the direction of the infirmary. Only one question was on her mind. What happened to him?

***

Clementine walked in, immediately noticing Louis sitting, reading a book.

"You're reading? That's a first." Clem teased him, chuckling. Louis furrowed his eyebrows as she took a seat in one of the chairs.

"Hey, I read sometimes."

Clem gave him a look.

"Okay, okay." He laughed. Clementine laughed along, instantly making his heart flutter.