Chapter 21: Sick + Long Note

Chapter was inspired by:
@its_maam_not_sir

Thanks for the idea! And I like your name. 😏
___________________________

Clementine stayed at the piano, speechless. It's not like she anticipated Louis to just give in, but she wanted to know what was going on with him. Was it that she didn't forgive him? Or was it something else? Clem just shook her head in disappointment and stood up from the piano stool as she pinched the bridge of her nose. So much had been going on. So many had people had died. And Clementine was to blame for some of them.

Clem walked out of the vast music room. She hadn't realized how long she had spent in that music room, because now it had to be at least 9:00 AM. (2 hours) Clementine decided to go check on AJ.

As Clementine strolled through the wide corridor, she saw dust and particles hover in the air from the day-star's illumination. Summer must've started because of the weather getting milder and the sky having scarcer clouds than usual.

All of a sudden, Clementine heard voices from Louis' room. She stopped and furrowed her eyebrows as she walked closer to hear better. She could finally hear the two voices in the room. It was Louis and Sophie... arguing.

"I can't believe you said something like that, really!" Louis yelled, flailing his arms in the air.

"Well, she deserved to know the truth. And, I just don't like her."

"What don't you like about her, huh? She's fucking perfect!" Clementine blushed at Louis'... angry compliment..? Sophie just scoffed.

"Really, Lou? That one night you said you loved me. Now look at you."

"I NEVER said I loved you! I just said I needed a distraction!" Clementine's heart start beating faster. This whole time Sophie was a distraction? This hurt Clementine even more than when he 'said' that he loved Sophie.

"Well, too late for that."

"I can't believe you, Sophie. You used to be so kind. But ever since you left the Delta, you've been nothing but a bitch!"

"DON'T call me that. I saved the lives of everyone in this fucking school. If I didn't agree to go to the raiders, everyone would've died. That bitch, Clementine deserves to die though. Just like that fuck-up, Lee."

"You know what? I'm done with this."

Louis left the room, only to see Clementine outside the door, wide-eyed. He freezes for a second before stepping closer to Clem. "Clem..."

Clementine just shook her head and walked right past him. It was too much for her. Too much information to cram inside her head. She wasn't upset with Louis. She was upset with herself. Upset that she couldn't even acknowledge the fact that Louis was trying. Upset that she pushed him away several times. Upset that she blamed every single problem on him. Upset that he decided to date a girl like her.

Clementine reached her dorm room and walked inside, closing the door behind her. As usual, AJ wasn't there. She usually had time to think on her own, since she was alone so much. She sat down on her head and buried her head into her hands. She felt so stupid. Dumb, naive, ignorant. All along, she was so clueless about all the signs. She didn't have any right to yell or criticize Louis. And Sophie had no right to control Louis like that. Sophie would get what was coming to her.

Clem's heart beat faster and faster. Her hands started to shake. Her stomach felt queasy. She felt as if she about exploded. That is until someone came inside the room. Clementine looked to her right and saw Gabe with a worried facial expression. He noticed her stiffness and walked towards her. He sat down next to her on the bed.

"Is... everything alright?" He asked nervously.

"Yeah, yup, everything is fucking swell."

Gabe cocks his head to the side.