Chapter 19: Alone

Clementine woke up with dried tears on her face. She felt absolutely terrible. Not only did Louis and her break up, but she felt sick as well. As Clem got up, she slapped herself, waking herself up immediately.

"Come on, Clem! Pull yourself together. So what if you and your boyfriend broke up and he is possibly making love to another girl, that doesn't stop you from being badass." Clementine quickly realized that she was talking to herself. "Great job, Clementine, now you're going insane!"

She sighed before walking towards the door. She gripped onto the rusted doorknob and turned it, opening the door slowly.

_____

Clem made it outside to see everyone at the tables having breakfast. Louis was there.

'Shit.' Clementine thought as she walked over to the table silently, sitting down. A couple of sympathetic looks were glued onto Clem. She quickly got annoyed by this.

"If anyone keeps on fucking staring, I'll deal with them myself." They stopped staring. Clementine just rolled her eyes and kept eating her food. That is until Sophie snickered.

Clem looked up to see a mischievous smirk on her face. 

"What." Clementine snapped.

"Oh nothing, it's just kinda sad that you turned out this way."

"Like what."

"Like a... oh! I know. A (why the fuck did i even write that word what the actual fuck)."

Clem just rolled her eyes. She didn't care what Sophie said. "Yeah, yeah. That's cool." Clem started to eat again, not caring about the stares.

"Me and Louis were together last night." Clementine stopped eating as her heart raced. "He told all about Violet. How sweet she was. How kind she was. And how she died because of you."

Clementine's eyes darted towards Louis who was now looking down at the ground, trying not to keep eye contact with her. Everyone else's eyes kept on switching between Louis, Clem, and Sophie. It was about to go down.

"I didn't kill her. She just... lost it after Minnie died. She loved her, y'know."

"I bet she did. Just like how Louis said he loved me last night." Clementine's eyes widen. That was before they broke up. "Louis will never love you."

"Louis, are you really just letting her speak like that?"

"Clem-- I..." Louis stuttered. He shook his head and looked down once again. Sophie smirked and looked back at Clementine who had her eyebrows her furrowed. Clem shook her head before standing up.

"Fuck you, Louis." Clementine walked over to the gates, ready to go outside. Luke ran up to Clementine and grabbed her arm.

"Clem, wait!"

"Luke, I'm angry right now. Let. Go."

"Clem, please."

Clementine pushed him off, sending him to the ground. She looked back at him with a cold glare and walked out of the gates, into the hunting grounds.

_____

It had been hours since Clementine was gone, and she was still just killing walkers, pretending it was Louis. How could he betray her like that? First, blames her for someone's death, cheats on her, and undeviatingly taunts her. Clementine had been contemplating that perhaps Louis wasn't the witty, caring, and oh, so, charming guy. Maybe all along he was faking.

As much as Clem desired to shun Louis, she knew that she still loved him. Clem's clothes and face were showered with walker blood, and she wasn't even done yet. As she was distracted, a walker crept up on her, causing her to fall onto her back.

"Shit!" She exclaimed. She swiftly took out her knife and stabbed the walker in the head. She checked her arms and legs. "No bites."

Clementine decided to head back to the school, since the sun was starting to set.

_____

Clementine could hear Gabe yelling at everyone once she had gotten close.

"She's out there, dammit! We can't just leave her out there!"

Clementine walked through the gates, causing everyone to turn their heads towards her. Clementine's clothes and face were covered in blood, which scared everyone, mostly Gabe.

"Guys, I'm fine." Clementine reassured them in a dull, empty voice. It broke everyone's heart to hear Clementine like this. When she was still with Louis, she was always so cheerful and happy. She would always try to cheer people up, even in the worst times. But now, here she was, covered in walker guts, with a dull facial expression and voice.

Clem walked past everyone, slightly brushing her shoulder against some people's. All except AJ, she didn't care about anything anymore. She's depended on so many people, and look at where it's led to. This just showed Clementine how right Lilly was. Her words kept repeating in her head.

"Nothing lasts, Clementine. Not friends. Not love. Not the place you call home. They'll all fall eventually. Never forget that, or they'll drag you down, too."

Clementine walked into her dorm room and looked around. AJ must've been having another sleepover with Tenn. Usually, at these times, Louis would sleep with Clementine, comforting her when she had a bad dream or when she felt sick. Thinking of all the memories of her and Louis, felt like Clem was getting hit with a large hammer over and over again. This hurt Clem more than anything. 

But Clementine knew that eventually she would have to move on from her problems and take care of AJ and herself. She couldn't keep on praising Louis. 

Clementine got dressed into different clothes and lay flat onto the uncomfortable mattress that she always slept on. She missed Louis warmth. She missed waking up to see his beautiful face. She missed hearing his witty jokes. She missed him.

That's when Clem realized, she had to keep going. For AJ. For herself. For Lee.

Sorry this is a short one. But this one just shows how much of a bitch Sophie and Louis really are. But hurray guys! I made two chapters in one day! I'll try and be more active this week. NEW YEAR-- wait that already passed. -_-
Okay, that's how you guys know I'm tired. I just start rambling random shit but I already do anyway cause I'm weird. okay I'm gonna end this AN. 

bai.