Chapter 40: маленькая сука

"You see anything?" Luke called out from the bushes. Louis rolled his eyes for the 5th time today, obviously tired of Luke's continuous questioning.

"No. I could've sworn he was right here." Louis thought aloud, furrowing his thick eyebrows. (THICC)

Luke sighed, walking over to Louis. He set a hand on Louis' shoulder, patting it. "Or maybe he was just a crazy Russian man who had no idea about us, nor a group." Luke chuckled, walking away, making their shoulders gently brush against each other.

Louis groaned as Luke he walked away from Louis, picking up his gun from the ground.

"C'mon, let's get outta here, dinner's starting soon," Luke noted, starting to walk in the direction of Kingston. Louis looked around, confused as to why there weren't any signs of a group or the man being present. 

He finally gave in, walking with Luke as he looked down, thinking about the other day.

***
FLASHBACK

"What about stepping in my shoes? What if you saw your girlfriend kissing her so-called best friend? Now you're calling me selfish and a dick just for having feelings! Clem, this is the second time you've kissed someone who wasn't me. I have a right to be upset. I'm sorry, but I can't trust you anymore. Maybe... maybe we shouldn't even be together anymore."

***

Louis knew how harsh he was when he had finally broken up with Clementine. He didn't regret it, though. He now thought he despised Clementine, regarding how she kissed Millie. Louis was shocked by the person he had found in Clem. Was that his darling? His light, his hope, his everything? 

What he had thought she was, wasn't her at all. It was the complete opposite of her, is what he thought.

Louis wondered what he was going to do now that he and Clementine's relationship had ended. Most of his time was spent with her. By breaking up with Clementine, he had taken a huge chunk of his day, leaving it empty. Who would he talk to? Who would he laugh with every day?

He pushed the questions away from his head, reassuring himself that he didn't need Clementine, that he was better off alone than with a cheater.

Louis focused on the road, clenching onto his gun.

***

Clementine examined the necklace that Louis had given her back at the school. A small tear fell from her face as she reminisced all the memories that she and Louis shared.

(DONT IGNORE ME: before reading the flashback, I recommend listening to The Truth Untold by BTS while reading it. Especially the 8D version that's in acapella or something. Every time I do that, I feel like I'm actually with the characters and feel what they're feeling. okay, carry on.)

*** 
FLASHBACK

After 10 whole minutes of pain, Clem could finally hear the door close. She shot her eyes open, breathing heavily. The door opened once again, thankfully, revealing Louis. He shut the door behind him and walked over to her before connecting his lips with hers. Clem melted into the kiss as he grabbed both sides of her face. They pulled away, making their foreheads touch. Louis let out a small chuckle.

*

"I love you too, you dork." She said before throwing her arms around his neck, embracing him tightly. 

*

"Louis? W-what..." Clementine stutters, blushing. Louis puts a finger over her mouth and kisses her passionately. She kisses back, wrapping her arms around his neck. His hands travel to her waist. He pulls away, staring deeply into her honey brown eyes. He finally lets out a throaty laugh, sending chills down her spine.