chapter sixteen

a/n: hi! here's chapter 16! enjoy!

*about a month later

Leigh's POV:

We have been in and out of rehearsals all month. Fans have been trying vote like crazy. (a/n: I know that the two categories aren't a fan vote but, in here they are) The Brit Awards are tomorrow night and I'm freaking out. "Babe are you okay?" Andre asked when he tried to touch my hand and I jumped. "Yeah, just really nervous," I say rubbing my head. "You'll do great out there, remember, you haven't performed at The Brits in five years," he says reassuringly. I nod, he's right. I over think everything.

*the next morning

"Today's the day," I mumble to myself as I walk into the bathroom to start getting ready. Even though it was still early in the day, I wanted to start getting ready so I won't be stressed later on. We have to meet at the venue at around three, so i'll have plenty of time to do touch ups there. I walk back into the bedroom after doing my makeup and hair, he's still asleep so I try to be quiet while I take my phone off the charger.

I go downstairs and sure enough, Jacob and Rhea are both still asleep. It was weird. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop, something I definitely wasn't used to. I look over at the clock, it was almost 11. We stayed up pretty late last night watching movies, so I'm not surprised everyone is still asleep. Realizing I should eat lunch instead of breakfast I go to the fridge and start making a sandwich.

Once I'm done I go and sit at the table, scrolling through social media. "Are you girls ready today?" Jesy texted in our group chat. "As ready as i'll ever be," I typed back. Followed with "^^" from Jade and Perrie.

I was on my phone for a while until I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. It was Jacob and Rhea walking together. "Hey kids, how did you both sleep?" I ask them. "Good," Jacob said while walking over to the cabinet. "Gowd," Rhea said. My eyes widened. Rhea doesn't know words other than Mama, Dada, Jacob, and food. "Good girl," I say, picking her up. "Can I have pancakes for breakfast?" Jacob asks. "Babe, it's lunch, do you want a sandwich?" I ask him. He gives me a quick nod, "Okay," I say, walking back over to the fridge.

After they ate lunch, I went back upstairs into my room. To my surprise, Andre wasn't in bed anymore. Confused, I walked into my closet getting the dress I'm wearing tonight to bring with me. "Surprise!" I hear Andre shout from behind me. "What is with everyone and surprises lately?" I say, catching my breath. "I just wanted to wish you a good luck before tonight," he says, kissing my cheek. "As much as I would love to stay," I really have to go," I say while checking my phone. The venue's about a 45 minute drive without traffic, so i'll need to leave soon. "Okay," he says, giving me sad eyes. "Oh, stop," I say laughing at him.

I grabbed my makeup bag, dress, and shoes and went to leave. "Bye, see you all tonight," I say, blowing them a kiss. The drive was decent. It didn't feel as long with my music on blast. Normally I can't have my music loud or even on at all because of the language, so it felt nice to listen to it.

Once I got to the dressing room, we all kind of showed up at the same time. "Well, that's a first," Jade said putting her dress on the rack. "For real," I said, laughing. We crowded around the mirrors in the dressing room and put on our makeup. I had put light makeup on earlier so I was just touching that up and making it more dramatic. We do our makeup ourselves most of the time, but our hair we have a stylist do. We all finished up our makeup and put on our dresses. Mine was a white, long, sheer dress with a cutout in the back. Perrie's was a green dress that was long, and sparkly. Jesy's dress was blue, long, and had a mesh waistline. Jade's dress was gold, long, and showed her growing bump perfectly.

The hair stylist started on our hair. I went for a simple look, just curls to make it look natural, with a small bun on top. Once we each had been styled, I checked the time again and saw that it was close to 7. "Hey girls, carpet starts soon," I say getting everyone's attention. We all walked to over the mirror to do some final fixes. All of a sudden I heard an "Ouch," coming from Jade's direction. "Are you okay?" I ask walking over to her. "Yeah, the baby just kicked me really hard," she said, rubbing her stomach. "Can I feel?" I ask her. She nods, taking my hand and placing it on her bump. I wait a second and then all of a sudden I feel it. "Oh my god," I say, pulling my hand back. She nods again, still rubbing that spot. "I'm not gonna lie, I miss being pregnant. Feeling the baby kick was always so magical," Perrie says. "You are insane," I tell her, making them laugh. Both of my pregnancies were really hard. I was on bedrest a lot and just always in pain, I couldn't imagine doing it again.

When it was time, we walked out to the carpet. We took pictures and had a few small interviews. We slowly made our way into the auditorium after and sat at our tables. Our kids and husbands were already sitting there waiting for us. "Mama!" Rhea says when I sit down. "Hey babe," I say taking her into my lap. The event beings, announcing a few awards and a few performances. "The next award for best group, goes to... Little Mix!" the announcers says. All of us jump up. Our families and the audience were cheering. Winning a Brit Award is always amazing. We all hold hands and walk up the steps. "Can I just say, we've been nominated for this award so many times, and to win it feels amazing," Jesy starts saying into the microphone, "our fans are so incredible. They're the reason why we are up here today," she says, tearing up. "Aww," the three of us say, giving her a big hug. We walk back down the steps and back over to the table.

When we sat back down they had moved on to a different award. "And the winner of the best single is, Little Mix!" All of our jaws drop. Two. We had just won two Brit Awards in one night. Once again we jump up cheering and go make another speak that had us burst into more tears.

After that it was finally time to go backstage. We said our bye's to the family and made our way there. We're one of the last performances so we got to watch a lot of it this year. We all changed into our costumes, touched up our makeup and changed our hair. "Can someone help me?" Jade says from across the room. I look over and her costume is halfway on, getting stuck on her bump. I laugh, making my way over to her. "How did you manage this?" I ask her, trying to help. "I have no idea, ask him," she says laughing pointing at her stomach. I pulled on costume and got it unrolled from where it was. "Thanks," she said still laughing. "Anytime," I say back smiling.

We stepped out behind the stage. We did our ritual that we had done ever since X-Factor. The announcer said our names and we walked on stage. For this performance, we decided to strip back the song and have minor dancing, which is a huge change from what we normally do. The song has a really powerful one that brings meaning to all of us so our message gets across better when it's slower. In my verse I start to tear up. I wrote my part about starting my family, and all of the pains that came with it but the amazing outcome from it. It once again reminds me of how lucky I am.

We get offstage and we're all almost sobbing. "I can't believe this happens every time," Perrie says, still crying. We wipe our makeup that's running down our faces off and fix it. We have to do some more interviews after the events over so we have to hurry a little.

We start walking around the carpet again. Answering questions, taking pictures, playing games, it's always a variety of things. Everyone always brings up the time we got really drunk and makes us watch it. No matter how embarrassing it was, it still makes us laugh every time.

Our families reunite with us back in the dressing room. Congratulations were heard all around the room. "Mamy, I'm so proud of you," Jacob says to me. "Aw, thanks. Why?" I say bending down. "Because even though you were crying, you still sang," he says smiling. My heart melts, "thank you baba," I say giving him a kiss.

a/n: there's chapter 14! have a lovely day! -honey!