Chapter 9

The first thing I realised when I woke was that my head was hurting. By hurting, I mean I-am-going-to-spend-my-day-in-bed-feeling-sorry-for-myself hurting.

The second thing was that I was not in my own bed. I mean, it was way too soft to be mine, yet I didn’t feel uncomfortable about being somewhere else.

The third thing was that this was Glen’s room.

I opened my eyes and sat straight up. Quickly, I looked around the room. Glen was making tea. He turned around to look at me. He smiled.

“How’s the head?”

“I am not drinking vodka again.” I lead back down.

I heard him laugh softly. “You seemed happy last night.”

“I didn’t feel as though my head was going to explode last night.” I sat back up again. “Did I fall asleep against the door?” I asked, holding my head in my hands. The memory was slightly blurred, but it was there.

“You found it comfy too.”

“Oh god.” I rubbed my hands over my face. I looked at the bed and how one side had obviously been slept in. “Where did you sleep?”

“In the chair.” He pointed at the chair.

“Seriously? You should have kicked me out of your bed.”

“It’s fine.” He sat back down in the chair with his cup of tea. He was already dressed.

“I am going to shower and hope that my head doesn’t explode between now and the time I get out.” I got up off of Glen’s bed and attempted to make the bed. I never made my own, so this was a whole new experience to me.

He laughed at my failure. “Don’t worry about it. I will sort it out in a minute.”

I looked at him and smiled. “I’m not normally this useless. I can do things for myself.”

“Does that include being able to shower yourself?” He raised his eyebrow slightly.

“Yes. Now, if you will excuse me.” I picked up the bag I had ditched in his room the day before and took it into the bathroom with me.

Unfortunately, I had not planned ahead and brought my own shower gel and shampoo, so I just used his shower gel, making note that I should collect my own at some point if I was staying under house arrest.

I dried myself off, got changed into my other set of clothes and put my dirty ones back into the bag. I wrapped a towel around my hair and walked back into the main room. I saw Danny and Mark had joined the room.

“Hey.” I waved slightly at them.

“How’s the hangover?” Mark asked, failing at hiding a smile.

“Just great.” I put my thumbs up. I dumped my bag next to the bed.

“So, we need to go do our gig tonight. We thought that it would probably be easier to watch you if you came with us and sat backstage. Is that okay?” Dan asked.

“As long as I do not have to drink vodka again, I am up for anything.” I put my hands into my jeans pockets. “So, when are we leaving?”

“We like to get there early to practise. So, probably in about an hour.” Glen said.

“Sure. I just need to brush my teeth and dry my hair.” I walked back into the bathroom, not shutting the door fully.

“Did you sleep in the same bed as her?” I heard through the gap. I looked through to see Danny towering over Glen.

“Don’t be stupid. No.”

“Are you jealous, Dan?” Mark said, smirking.

“No. I just was wondering if Glen stooped low enough to sleep with drunken women.” He smiled, although it didn’t sound like a joke.

I walked away from the door, not wanting to hear anymore. I took hold of the hair dryer, turned it on so the sound blocked out their conversation and dried my hair.