Chapter 16

In the end, we returned with energy bars we found. Glen had decided that it wouldn't be a good idea to search around too much as the longer we were away from safety, the more chance we had of being seen. We returned to the shower room, the other two sitting inside.

"Have a nice adventure?" Mark asked, trying not to smile. He failed terribly.

"I enjoyed it." Glen said, moving to sit with his back against the wall.

Mark leaned over towards Glen and held his hand in the air. Glen high-fived him.

I cleared my throat. Glen turned to look at me, seeming embarrassed.  Mark's hand was still in the air, so I slapped it with mine. "That's better." I added, sitting down.

Danny seemed confused. I watched him as tried to work out what was going on. Finally, the penny dropped. "You kissed?" He glared at Glen.

Intrigued to hear Glen's answer, I looked at him.

"As a matter of fact, we did." He raised his eyebrows at Danny. "Is there a problem?"

"Guys. Stop. There are bigger matters at hand." I said.

"I agree with Teghan." Mark chipped in.

Before anything else could happen, my own phone rang. My chest contracted.

Breathe. It will be okay.

I pulled it out of my pocket, flashing a look at Glen. I was relieved when the caller ID said "Chantel". I held the phone next to my ear.

"How was it?" She sounded smug.

"How was what?" I asked, confusion clouding my mind.

"The guy who I set you up with." I just stared at Glen, still confused. She sighed. "I gave him your phone number."

Realisation kicked in. "You gave Dylan my phone number?" I had to try not to scream out in frustration.

"Now you remember! Tell me everything about it."

"Well, he is the person who stabbed me a few nights ago, so not very well." I felt my nails dig into my palm. "Actually, if you want more details, he has me and my friends trapped in a building, waiting to kill me." I met Glen's eyes. He must have read my annoyance.

"Very funny. I bet you slept with him." She giggled.

"Goodbye, Chantel." I hung up. As soon as I returned the phone to my pocket, I covered my face with my hands and yelled. Of all the things she could do, and she gave Dylan my phone number. "Words can't describe my frustration." I felt myself yelling.

"Hey. It'll be okay." Glen rested his hand gently on the top of my back, trying to soothe me.

"I've had enough of sitting around. We need to do something." Danny said, rising to his feet.

"Sit down, Dan. I will go and look for an escape route." Mark rose to his feet, motioning for Danny to sit down.

"I'm coming too. I need to walk this annoyance off." I rose to my feet beside Mark. Before Glen or Danny could talk me into staying, I forced my way out the door, Mark following just behind. The door locked behind us.

"Was leaving them alone in a room together a good idea?" Mark asked, seeming intrigued.

"Probably not. Come on. We have an exit to find." I declared, walking away from the shower room.