Chapter 29

"I have a slight feeling I shouldn't be doing this." I stated, my words slurring as I stood outside of the hotel.

"If you don't go in there, I'm going in there to kick his ass!" She rested her hand on my shoulder - this could have been because she was swaying so much. "Come on, girl. You can do this."

"Yeah. I can!" I brushed off the invisible dust from my clothes - I hadn't bothered to change - and walked inside without Chantel. I turned around to look at her. She gave me a thumbs up. I continued walking. I pressed the button to call for the elevator and waited for what seemed decades before it actually arrived. I stood inside, alone, and pressed the button to go to Glen's floor.

          *          *          *          *          *

Resting against his door frame to stay upright, I knocked repeatedly on the door. It must have been at least 50 knocks before he answered.

Let's just say 'shocked' is an understatement for his expression.

He struggled for words. "I was going to see you again." He managed to say. He managed to smooth out his features.

"Yeah, well. Haven't we all heard that before?" I misplaced my weight and ended up stumbling inside his room. He shut the door behind me.

He turned back to look at me. "I can explain." He held his hands out in surrender.

"I'm waiting." I seated myself on his bed, eager to hear his excuse.

"Have you been drinking?" He asked, surveying me a bit closer.

"Maybe a little..." I giggled slightly before composing myself. "Don't turn this around on me."

"Danny and Selena weren't in their prison cells."

I was taken back. I had expected some crappy, half-hearted response about how we weren't compatible, not this. "What?"

"The police station phoned Mark. Danny and Selena aren't there and haven't been found. I didn't want to worry you any further. Anyway, you're supposed to be resting." He stepped closer to me.

"You could have left a note." I looked away from his eyes.

"I'm sorry. I should have done. I wasn't thinking straight." I looked back at him. Our bodies were closer than I thought. I found myself rising to my feet. I realised just how much I wanted to kiss him as his body heat summoned me closer. A sparking sensation in my stomach screamed for someone to make the move. Before I could think twice, his hands were on my waist, pulling me closer to him. I could feel the muscles under his shirt tense.

"Next time, you should think straight. " I was breathless, my eyes drawn to his jawline. I felt less tipsy from alcohol and more tipsy from the ecstasy of being this close to him.

"How can I think straight when I'm thinking about you?" He lowered his head, placing his lips upon my jaw.

"Stop." I said reluctantly. He pulled back, looking me in the eye. "I'm sorry. Chantel's waiting outside, and I'd feel bad just leaving her stranded. Plus, I feel like I should sober up."

"Understandable." He nodded slightly.

I pulled out Dan's phone, dialling her number. I told her I'd be down in a few minutes. I then hung up. Glen walked me to the door, opening it for me as I walked out. He smiled at me. Words cannot describe how much I loved his smile. I made my way outside to Chantel. She rose her eyebrows.

"Well?"

What have you just done? I thought you were all about seizing the moment? "I'll meet you back at mine." I passed her my house key. "Don't wait up."

She seemed to be in a daze. She span around, heading straight homes without any questions. Makes life easier. Practically running, I returned to Glen's door, knocking with less force this time. He answered, still wearing his smile.

"Hi." I said.

He took my hand and pulled me into the room. He closed the door quickly, pushing my back against it and closed the distance between us. "Thought you wanted to sober up?" He asked.

"I did. Now I don't care." And let me say, I'm proud that I actually moved and kissed him first.