Chapter 31

I pushed the door open, making my way into my apartment. Mark and Glen followed after me, Chantel making squeals that only dolphins could decipher. She began to attack them with her fangirl spirits, so I took the opportunity to pull Danny aside.

"What the hell?"

"I thought you were here." He still hadn't wiped the smile from his face. He leaned against the wall, watching me closely.

"You broke into my apartment. I'm tempted to call the police." I folded my arms across my chest.

"You stole my phone. We're even." He pushed off the wall, walking towards the others. Is he for real? I sighed in frustration before returning to Glen's side.

Chantel met my eyes. "When you said Glen, I didn't think you meant Glen Power!"

Glen looked at me. "Talking about me, huh?" He rose his eyebrows. His smile was as perfect as always.

Saving me from answering, Chantel turned around to face Danny. "Apparently you're a dick." I glared holes into the back of Chantel's head, telepathically telling her to stop.

"Glad you think so, Love." He was still smirking as he met my eyes.

"Why are you here, Dan?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I like it here." He moved to the couch, sitting upon it and placing his feet onto the coffee table.

I'm going to kill him. Pushing aside my frustration, I pasted a smile onto my lips. Chantel jumped into my vision. "Did you sleep with Glen?" She asked, managing to keep her voice as a whisper. I nodded slowly, to which she squealed again. "You did! Oh my God!" She began jumping and down, taking my hands in hers to make me join in.

"What's going on?" Danny asked, taking his feet off of the table and leaning forward. His voice sounded bored, but his body language said different.

"Teghan slept with Glen!" She continued to jump around. She froze when she saw my face.

Many glances were exchanged. It began with me glancing at Chantel, then at Glen, then at Mark. They didn't seem all that phased, as though it was a simple statement that had no effect. I looked over at Danny, who was desperately trying to meet Glen's eyes. The smile was finally gone from his lips which gave me a dark sense of pleasure. It shouldn't have done, but I would be lying to myself if I said it didn't.

"Really?" Dan asked, then laughed. "Couldn't you find better?"

That hit me somewhere deep. Apparently, it did with Glen too. Chantel took a deep intake of breath. Mark glowered at Dan.

"What are you trying to say, Dan?" He did well at keeping his voice calm. I could tell from the tension in his arms that he was feeling different.

Danny got to his feet, walking towards us. Honestly, I felt frozen to the spot. If looks could kill, Dan would be beyond dead.

"I'm just saying that I thought you could do better than her." He indicated me with a nod of his head.

Mark stepped in, pushing Danny towards the door.

I yelled the first response that came into my head. "I thought you could have done better than drugging me!" I screamed at him.

Mark froze, turning to stare at me. I could feel everyone's eyes on me, but I was focusing on Danny.

"I was trying to help you!" He yelled back.

"Get out! Just get out!" I shrieked again. Tears begin to fill my eyes. I hated being full of such anger. Mark didn't need to push him any more. Danny walked out on his own accord, not turning to look back after he slammed the door behind him.

I felt myself shaking as white-hot anger rushed through my veins. I turned to look at Glen. He had his eyebrows rose, the smile long gone from his face.

"He drugged you? When?"

"I don't want to talk about it." I stared down at my hands.

"If you don't, then I'm finding Dan." He stormed towards the door.

"Glen, wait!" I called out, trying to get him to stop.

He didn't look at me. "Mark, stay here with them."

Mark nodded without trying to reason with him. Glen opened the door, walked out and it slammed shut behind him.