Chapter 10

When we arrived at the venue, I was surprised to see fans queueing up outside. I wasn’t surprised because The Script had fans; I was surprised at how early they had arrived. Us four were escorted inside by security through the back entrance. It was a smooth process getting inside as none of the fans sighted us, making it easier.

Once, we got inside, we were straight away escorted to the dressing rooms.  A woman was stood in one of the rooms, setting up make up. She welcomed us with smiles and introduced herself as Selena. She pushed down on my shoulder so I sat in a chair in front of the mirror.

“I never knew there was a female in this band.” She smiled, grabbing a make-up brush.

“Whoa! I’m not part of the band.” I said, pulling away from the make-up coated brush.

“Surely you shouldn’t be backstage then?” She looked up at the lads, her smile vanishing. “Do I need to call security?”

“No. She’s allowed back here. In fact, Selena, would it be okay for you to keep a watch over her while we are out on stage?”

“Of course.”

I leaped out of the chair away from her reaching arms and stood next to Mark. Danny took my place in the chair as Selena began to apply make-up to his face.

"How about we go for a walk, Teghan?" Glen asked me. Smiling, I accepted the offer.

Glen walked out of the room, turning to see if I was following. I followed after him without looking back at Mark or Danny.

He showed me various places, like where their guitars were stored ready to be brought onto stage, where they waited just before the show, where the played with the lights and where they actually ran on. In the end, we resulted on sitting at the edge of the stage, our feet dangling down.

"I heard what Danny said to you this morning." I said before I could stop.

I saw him look at me even though I was staring out into the places where the crowd soon would be.

"We thought the door was closed." He said, watching me carefully.

"Fair enough." I stared down at my hands. "Easy mistake to make."

"I don't know what came over Danny."

"It's fine. I just wanted you to know that I heard." I looked over at him. He attempted a smile.

"Come on. The crowd will be coming in soon. We should probably get ready."

We returned back into the dressing room with Mark, Danny and Selena. Mark had now sat in the chair and was having Selena apply make-up to the top of his head. Danny was checking his hair in a different mirror.

"Hey, I am going to get some water." I smiled at them all and left them to go and fetch a bottle of water.

I opened up the fridge and pulled one out, sipping at the contents. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out, answering it and putting the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I said.

"Teghan." I dropped the bottle of water when I placed the voice to the face. Dylan.