Chapter 9

A/n: hello everyone. I don't know if you all noticed but I didn't update last week but that is because I was preparing for my SAT test that I took on Tuesday. I'm sorry I left you guys waiting for it but pray for my SAT scores🙏🏽. For those who don't know what the SAT or ACT is, it's a standardized test that high school juniors of America have to take. The scores tell the college board if you are ready for college or not. And a lot of schools look at your score and your GPA to see if they should accept you or not. I live in Chicago so I had to take the SAT but for everyone else who had to take the SAT and or the ACT I'll be praying for your scores. Anyway, in this chapter, I took a request from a reader and changed up my plan for this book a bit. Hopefully, he or she likes what I did. So to the chapter.

Changwook's Pov

My room felt hot and I was sweating when I woke up but it was not what I normally woke up to. When I opened my eyes, I was on the grown with arms wrapped around me. "Oppa?" The voice didn't belong to Minyoung and if she was calling me oppa, that meant she was younger than me. I looked down to see Yoona in my arms and although I was surprised to see this I was okay with it. "What's wrong? What happened?" I asked sitting up. "It's getting colder, if we wait to make a shelter we will more likely get sick." "Um, your right. I'll go look for material." I stood up and dusted the sand off my clothes. She got up as well and bushed off her own before she took my hand. "How did we end up here again?" I asked looking down at our hands. " A storm forced our boat here and destroyed it. I know you said we should sleep and take care of things in the morning but I don't want us to get sick." I was still a bit blank about the whole thing but all I can do right now is take care of Yoona. I was zoned out until Yoona placed a kiss on my lips. I covered my mouth in shock but she just chuckled. "Oppa, fighting. We will get through this together." She says cutely. "this has to be a dream." I whispered to myself so she couldn't hear in case it wasn't. I think I would remember having a boat crash that landed us on a deserted island together. Thinking that a dream is the only possible way any of this could happen, this meant I could do all the things I wish I could. I hesitated for a moment before I pulled her into a longer kiss than the one she gave me. I felt her kiss me back and it was the most satisfied I have ever felt in my life. We pulled away breathlessly and she smiled before she spoke. "Oppa, don't worry. They will find us eventually. Hopefully, soon but until then we need to take care of ourselves." I nodded my head before I lead her into the woods with me.

Finding our way to an area with a bunch of fallen trees I suggested we set up a camp there. She agreed before she started to clear trees that she could. When she did, she gave me a task. "Oppa, can you go find drinking water while I put a fire together?" "Sure, be careful in case there are any animals around. I'll be back?" "um" I left her there alone for about half an hour and returned with water in a container I had taken from the boat. When I got back, Yoona had already made a fire and was drying her overclothes leaving her in shorts and a t-shirt. She was currently working on making our shelter by herself. Since we were surrounded by bamboo and some other materials, she was able to a lot with the materials. She currently had built a stable floorboard by tying and shaping bamboo together. It was fallen bamboo because she didn't have anything to cut the trees with. "I'm back." She tuned form what she was doing with a smile. "hey, So I started the shelter but I need some help." I put the water down and I walked over to help. "I need something sharp but I can't find anything around here." "I'll go back to where the boat is and look for some supplies we can use," I suggested and she just nodded her head. "I'll be back," I said before kissing her head and leaving again. When I got back to the beach part of the island that We woke up on, I saw the boat had a few damaged parts that over time we can more than likely fix but it will take some time. I walked around the beach and gathered materials because I intend to drag the boat back to the camp. Before I left the beach I got into the water and tried to catch something for us to eat. I knew Yoona had to be hungry and she has been working just as hard if not harder than I have.