Let it burn

Carl pov

I stand up on a porch and look back at all of my people running down the streets, running from the fire with their guns and smoke bombs out.

I smile, knowing they will get out of here alive. I reach down and grab my hat and put it on my head as I continue walking.

I stumble up on the porch and try and open the door, it doesn't budge, I turn and rest against the wall, but a noise fills my ear closest to the wall.

I hear one of the windows shatter and I run, the house in first of me and the one next to it both go up in flames, destroyed in seconds.

I stumble off the ground, my whole body aching, "I have one last job to do....I just have to finish it" I whisper to myself and keep walking.

I look at all the destruction and death around me, wondering what has this world come too? It will never be the same? Until I fix it, it could be better. I know it could.

On the road

Daryl and Tara crouch behind a car after throwing a smoke bomb out into the road to block cars views.

"They didn't get out because of what we did with the truck." Tara looks at Daryl, staring at her.

"Even if they did, it was just a mistake. And I made one, too. If I hadn't gone to the sanctuary to kill negan, maybe Sasha would still be alive." Rosita breaks the silence between them.

Tara shakes her head "maybe she would have given herself. Maybe everything would've gone the exactly the same way."

Michonne chooses to ignore them "where the hell are they?"

As soon as she speaks the cars start approaching, they get their guns ready. Daryl throws another smoke bomb into the road.

"Now!" Daryl yells as the trucks go right by them, they start firing and the trucks come to a screeching stop.

The saviors jump out of their cars for cover, most of them start to fire their weapons but Dwight hides behind one of the cars.

Dwight points his gun at Daryl, but then he spins around and shoots one of his own. He looks down at all of them. Then the last one comes around the corner and points her gun at Dwight.

Dwight tries to run and she shoots him in the shoulder, causing him to fall back against the car.

"That's why you didn't want to block the gate with the trucks. That's why you drive right up to this!....it was you! All of it!"

She walks closer "you tell them to stop!"

Dwight stare at the ground, not even flinching at the gun pointed to his head "it doesn't Work like that."

The lady runs as the gunshots go through the window, Dwight picks up a gun and aims it, but he drops it due to the bullet in his shoulder.

Alexandria

The front gate explodes and falls to the ground, one of the trucks followed by saviors on foot rush through, the truck stops with a loud noise

Negan hops out of the truck, swinging Lucille at his side. He lets out a dry laugh as he looks around at the mess he made.

"Well shit, we could have used those" he points with his bat through the smoke "solar panels?"

His smirk fades "that convoy, they got away, huh?...all of 'em?" He smirks again "kid's still gotta be here. I think he wanted to go down with the ship."

He looks back at The saviors "find him, tie him up, but don't kill him." He orders. He cracks a smile "blow up every other house. I'm gonna go to rick's and make a little spaghetti....when he shows up. Send him my way."

Negan makes his way to ricks house as all the other houses explode around him. Swinging his bat at his side.

Bella pov

I wake up to the sound of bombs going off. I look around not noticing all the fire before. My ears start to ring as a bomb flies into a window of a house next to me and the house goes up in flames. I keep running "Daryl!...rick!....Carl!"