Chapter 7

Same Day

Iman Martial POV

I deepened the kiss, and allowed it. We both fought for dominance in the kiss, but Alina gave up the fight. I lifted her up, placing her on the counter, and just continued the kiss. Eventually, I did stop the kiss. I just pecked her lips a couple of times, and got her off of the counter.

"Its late, and we had a long day. Goodnight, Alina." I said. I dismissed myself, and head up to my room.

It was so much more that I wanted to do, but I do have to fight that urge. I don't know if I can get that far with her. It is really more of her intentions with me. Alina haven't treated me bad, but I still have that caution with her. I took a cold shower when I got to my room. It will numb the ache for now, but it will get stronger later on. 

Alina Rivers POV

I stood there as she walked away, completely stunned at what just happened. I really wanted to say something, but she literally took all the words out of my mouth. She left me there in a fucking daze that is strong as hell. Some many thoughts of the what ifs of what could of happened if we just continued. I can feel myself throbbing from the kiss, and the thoughts that is flooding my mind.

"This is going to be a long night." I went into the living room to grab a glass of wine.

December 26
10:30 A.M

Last night, it took me forever to fall asleep. Iman have this appeal about her that she probably doesn't know about. I finally got out of bed, and was going to go down stairs. Before I could make it to the stairs, I heard a lot of grunting coming from Iman's room.  I listened through the door for a minute then opened it. Iman was on the floor doing pushups sweating .

"Oh good morning Alina."  She stopped at looked up at me. Iman did three more, then stood up with a smile on her face. All I focused on was the sweat rolling down her body. I didn't even realized that Iman got closer to me. "Morning, Alina."

Iman made me look up at her while she said that. I'm stuck in this trans, and I don't want to come out of it. Only if she knew what she was doing, things would definitely change.

Iman Martial POV

I don't know what is going on with Alina. It's like she wants to do or say something, but she doesn't do anything. Once I told her that I'm going to take a shower, she left my room. I can sense there is some tension between us, and that its getting stronger. It seems as if she is or probably giving me control. I don't know how to react to that or act upon it. At the same time, the question to me is 'What am I to her?'.

After my shower I went down stairs and sat on the opposite side of the couch. Alina is on the other side of the couch looking at her phone. My mind went back to what happened yesterday. I remembered why I blacked out, and what caused me to black out. Simply being around her family brought back some memories. The only difference is that everyone accepted me expect her brother.

"Iman, I just want to say that I am sorry about my brother yesterday." Alina said.

"Don't apologized for him. Honestly, it didn't really affect me at all." Alina got closer to me until she wrapped her arms around my right arm and leaned against it.

"Can you tell me more about your past?" she asked me.

"What would you like to know?" I asked her

"Anything." She shrugged.

I thought about what I should tell her. I don't really have good stories about my childhood to be honest.

"Well in the summer when I was 15, my family went on vacation in Hawaii, while I stayed back as usual. I stayed with my mom's parents during those three months. I remember my granddads took me fishing on a boat in the middle of this river. We were just sitting there just trying to catch dinner for them because I don't really like fish. The smell is just wrong to me. After a hour being there I caught a snag on some fish." I looked down and see Alina with this smile on her face.

"So they were yelling 'reel it in!' and I was trying to keep it on there. The fish was strong compare to me. Since my parents limited everything I did in the house I wasn't eating right. The fish pulled hard and I fell over the boat. They both pulled me in by my ankles, and I was still holding on to the fishing pole. After 20 minutes of fighting with the fish I finally reeled it in. It was a 30 pound catfish. There was other people there fishing too, just watching everything. Once back on land I held the fish in my arms while my granddads were next to me smiling as someone took the picture of us. We got into the pickup truck my mom's dad had and drove back to their house. My grandma's both saw me still wet from the water while, the guys were bring in the fish. Since I didn't eat fish, they just make me hot wings instead I believe."

"Must have been a great time. I haven't seen you smile like this since day 1." Alina said.

"There was some good times indeed. I tend to think on those moments more than others." I said.

Alina sat up and kissed me on my cheek . She turned on the tv, and just started going Netflix. I couldn't help but think about my grandparents. Are they alive still? Would they still love me? Then something else popped in my head. Do my own parents regret what they did to me?