Chapter 53

December 1
9:44 A.M
Alina Rivers POV

Over a few weeks, things have been going well. On Thanksgiving, I met some more of Iman's family. For both of us, it was uncomfortable. Iman appeared the most uncomfortable, but she was there for her grandparents and Dinah. Some of her cousins tried to hit on me, but I just stayed by Iman's side. The majority of them didn't like Iman. At the time I was away from her, some of them were saying some pretty bad things about her.

Then, we told her grandparents that we were leaving, and they understood. I don't understand what makes them dislike her so much. Iman is a wonderful person, but it's just so many bad things that have happened to her. I don't blame her for not wanting to be there longer than she had to. After that, we went over to my parents' house. I could tell she felt a bit more comfortable, but she still didn't know everybody expects my family. Iman did sometimes wander off to be alone, but I didn't want to pressure her to be socially with my family.

-

"So baby, how do you like my family?" I asked her as she is making breakfast.

"I don't know, they are okay I guess. A few are alcoholics, I believe one was trying to steal something, but couldn't. I think that one lady, I believe her name is Janet. She bougie as hell. Also, I was not trying to share my weed with your cousin Eric. His bottom lip stayed wet. He was going to fuck up my blunt if I let him." I couldn't help but laugh. Everything she said is true.

"Baby that's my family."I went over to her and slapped her arm playfully, "but its true though. Also, good thinking too. I smoked with Eric before and never again will I share a blunt with him. Love him dearly, but don't ever smoke after him." she finished cooking, and place my plate down on the table.

We were silent for a while as we ate. It is a comfortable silence though.

"I have been thinking right." I nodded my head, "Why not just find a new place that is ours. Even though I have really moved back in with you, I just want to pay some type of bills, and whatnot. This is your place, and it's technically not our place, you know what I mean." I could tell she is nervous about saying this.

"I'm completely fine with that baby, and I understand what you are saying. Maybe we could look sometime later, probably before the baby comes. What happened to the apartment?"

"I had to add Dinah to the lease, so that way she could pay the rent and everything. To be honest, the only thing that she has to pay is just an internet bill. Every bill is paid up for the next 9 months. So she is good for a while." She said. Dinah still lived with Linda and Nathan, so she didn't really have her own space. It is really thoughtful for what Iman did.

Iman Martial POV

Two more days before it is a year since I have been in Alina's life. Everything has been going great for us, and we still have our babies. I can't wait to know the genders of our children. I do want us to have our own house. Granted yes, I am living with, but I feel like I'm freeloading off of her. She more than likely doesn't mind, I still feel a certain way about it.

I want a home that I can call ours, and it actually is ours.

"Baby wait before you go," Alina said. I stopped before I opened the door.

She stepped up to me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Do you want to know their gender when we go to the doctor in a few days or wait until Christmas?" she asked me.

"Doesn't matter to me, but I really do want to know. I think gender reveal parties are so over the top. I've been to a few growing up, and its extremely what they say um ratchet." Alina just started laughing.

"Stop hanging out with Dinah and Jasmine. They are corrupting your mind." she kissed me.

"A lot of things are corrupt in me. I'm just trying to you know to be normal." I laughed. I like doing this to her its funny.

"Please don't, I love how you are now ."

"But like no cap I'm fine." she looked at me, "Did I use that right?"

"Baby stop it. Slang is not for you. Go paint, and stay away from Dinah." Alina smacked my butt as I walked out of the house. "I love you!"

"I love you too baby and babies. I'll be back in like three hours or so."

12:15 P.M.

"So Iman how is everything?" Georgia said. A few minutes Georgia is in Boston for a while, and she wanted to know what I was doing. So I gave her the address to the art studio, and she came by.

Right now I'm only in my light blue jeans, and Calvin Klien sports bra.

"Everything has been going good actually. Alina is pregnant with twins, and in a few days, we will know the gender of them. So far, everything really just has been good with life." I told her. I kept my attention to my bigger painting for now.

I felt her hand go across my back as she must have come up to me. Her nails gently glided across my back.

"Georgia, what are you doing?" I asked her.

"Nothing, just admiring your back tattoo." For some reason things didn't feel right. It all felt a bit strange.

"You can, but you don't have to touch me though." I said.

She kept her hands on me, then slowly wrapped her arms around my waist. I looked down, and her fingers were playing with my underwear waist band.

"Listen I don't appreciate you feeling up on me like I'm yours. You are doing way to much as of this moment." I said putting my art paint down, and removing her hands.

My head started to hurt as memories started flooding in fast. I closed my eyes, then took a deep breath, but it didn't ease my mind. Everything just felt as if I was back.

"You have to leave, Georgia. Now." I said with a firm voice. I'm trying to hide the fact, I'm completely  uncomfortable with everything that is happening.

"Why all I'm doing is admiring your body. Alina is one lucky woman. Share you're not on the auction block anymore." She said.

Her words hid something in them. I remember those people calling it an auction block. Most people would call it the market referring to someone's relationship status. Suddenly my head really started to ring, and then I felt a sharp pain going through my side.v

T O B E C O N T I N U E D