Chapter 24

NO POV

"What do you want?" Iman said with no emotion. With family, love is unconditional, but to Iman that all went out the door when they sold her. The only person she could say she loved in that family is her younger sibling, Dinah.

Iman was going to say something until a body crashed in hers with a tight hug.

"I missed you so much, where have you been" Dinah said holding onto Iman. Iman felt something wet on her chest, and Dinah is crying.

"I missed you too. You have no idea how much." Iman held onto her and kissed the top of her head. Then Iman pulled back and wiped her tears.

Alina got away from Damien, and went over to Iman.

"You did wonderful babe. Not nice to see you again Linda." Alina said after she kissed Iman.

"Iman we all need to talk." Iman's father said.

"I don't know if I want to. I have a strong urge to punch you in the face or practically kill you for what you did. Matter of fact all of you expect Dinah, the only person who treated me like a human being. We will not talk about this here or now. Now if you excuse me I have more important things than to deal with you all. You can come along Dinah, I would love to spend time with you. We have a lot to catch up on." With that Iman, Alina, and Dinah left going to talk to other people.

Alina felt proud of how Iman handled herself in front of them. She intertwined their hands as they walked up to Justus and some other people. Alina gently rub her thumb on Iman's hand as they walked over to the people.

"Iman, you are the talk of everybody today. Honestly, I believe you would effortlessly make it back into the art scene." Justus said. Iman smile and thank him for the opportunity.

"Hello Iman, Im Duncan Glover, I appraise a lot of art work to determined their value. Just based of you presentation, they all could make you a lot of money especially the last one. The raw talent and message behind them are absolutely beautiful. I'm wondering if you are selling your artwork." He said.

"Um." Iman thought about it.

"Do it sis." Dinah nudged Iman.

"Yes, expect the last one. That one is already sold to someone."

"Who?" Alina asked.

"You."

-

3:00

These is an auction set right after the artshow for people who want to buy them. There is some artwork already has been sold already. Once they got to Iman paintings prices has went up quickly.

"For the three panel painting by Iman Martial, the bidding will start off with any number."

"3 grand." Someone in the crowed said.

The prices for just that one painting started going up fast. It jumped from 3 thousand to 12 thousand in the matter of seconds. Iman closed her eyes and started getting flashbacks. Alina seen her distress and pulled her out before is became to much. Justus looked over and saw what was happening and so did Dinah.

"What's going on Iman." Justus said rushing over to them.

"Um can you handle it all for her. She doesn't like auctions too much." Alina said. He has a look of concern on his face and so did Dinah. "Please."

"No problem I will." Justus said.

While Alina took Iman outside for some fresh air, Dinah followed them.

Iman Martial POV

I couldn't handle hearing numbers going up like that. It all reminded me of my sick and twisted reality that I live in. I'm still property to Alina. My body is tainted from all of the shit I have been through. I started rubbing my hands hard, until I went to scratching my hands up.

"Iman stop, you are not there anymore. Nobody will ever do that to you again."

"Iman, what going on." Dinah asked.

"You wanna know why I have been gone for so long with no goodbye or anything." I said to Dinah.

"Yes! Why did you leave me? Why did you leave?"

"Linda and Nathan sold me for ten thousand dollars. They sold me off Dinah. You don't know what I've been through for that past years Dinah. Everyone. Linda, Nathan, Alexis, and Bryan just treated me like shit. You seen it." My hands and body started shaking as my voice cracked. "I have nightmares, and blackouts because of them. Everything I've been through in those 5 years what because of them. On May 20, would be the day that marks 6 years of this. May 20 is the day I graduated, and the day they sold me, Dinah. You don't know what its like to be force to lose you virginity to a woman that is Linda's age or older. Then being passed around like a rag doll. I can't be in there because it reminds me being stripped down till I'm naked and chained up to a wall, and hearing people bid on me. Hundreds of thousands of dollars, millions of dollars, all for the wrong reasons."

I watched Dinah mouth goes wide as she covered her mouth with tears streaming down her face.

"Instead of just kicking me out and letting me be on my own, they did that instead. I hate them, with every inch of my soul. I have hate in my heart because of them. Nothing will never be normal for me. I prayed and wished everyday for years that this was all a sick dream. That is life I have wasn't true. Everything I had set up for my life once I left the house all was stripped from me. It's hard looking in the mirror seeing and feeling empty. The only person that bought and brought me life, a purpose, meaning to my life is Ms. Rivers right here. She is the reason why I'm not in that place anymore. She is the reason why I have hope for my life again, like a redo. I didn't want you to know Dinah. I didn't want to see them again. I wasn't going to come back, but unfortunately we meet again." With that I completely broke down. She is the only one I cared about in that house.

"I'm sorry Dinah. Im so sorry. Im sorry for missing out on everything. Im so fucking sorry Dinah." I dropped to my knees hold on to her.