1st day, deciding your job

I wake to Alby shaking my shoulder " Rise and shine Y/N I have something to show you." I rub my eyes and follow him to the wall. He pushes a wall of ivy aside to reveal a small window of murky glass. "Look through." I walk over and squint to see through the glass. I see a mass moving and see a bunch of claw-like things sticking out of it. "What the hell is that thing." Alby frowns "That is a griver. And why we don't go into the maze at night."

He hands me a knife and hammer "Now its time for you to become fully apart of this glade." he walks over to a wall with the names of all the gladers scratched in it and a bunch of others that have been scratched out. I put the chisel on the wall near Newt's name and scratch in Y/N.

Alby smiles when I've finished and walks away I follow "Today you will be shown all the jobs in the glade." I nod and we walk over to the eating area were some of the other gladers have gathered and are eating. I pick up a plate and some bread, then go sit next to Newt "Hello big brother." he smiles and gives me a small hug.

"So you get to try some of the jobs today." Frypan sits down smiling "I guess you will be joining me in the kitchen, Newt in the gardens and Minho in the maze." I smile warmly at Frypan and nod "Ye, so whats first." Alby gulps down some water "You'll be with Clint first he's a Med-Jak." I raise an eyebrow and Newt whispers "Medic." into my ear I nod "A Med-Jak, fun." 

Alby stands "Come on then." I wave bye to Newt and Fry and follow Alby over to a boy who must be Clint "Y/N this is Clint, Clint Y/N." he lifts his hand and Alby continues "Can you show her the basics of being a Med-Jak then take her over to Newt." he nods and Alby walks of.

"Well Y/N follow me." he leads me over to a small area that has a woven canopy over the top. There is also a chair, table and a cupboard. Clint opens the cupboard to reveal stock loads of bandages and a few bottles with coloured liquid in. There is also a few viles with needles on the end. "Well mine and Jeffs, the other Med-Jak, job is to patch up the runners if they get injured in the maze or if anyone else hurts them self obviously. So let's pretend I've broken my arm and you need to bandage it up." I nod "Have a seat." he sits and I grab a couple of bandages and kneel next to him.

Humming quietly to myself I wrap up Clint's arm somehow knowing exactly what to do. I lean back and examen his arm "Hows that?" Clint smiles "Great, very neat." he starts pulling off the bandage "If I was in a lot of pain what would you do?" I walk over to the cupboard and rummage through the bottles reading the labels I find one labelled paracetamol and hand it to Clint "I would give you this." he grins "Well done I know you've only been here a day, but if I was stung by a griver what would you do." I grimace and the mention of a griver but go to the cupboard.

I look at the bottles but don't think they would help so pick up one of the viles with needles. "Inject you with this?" he nods "Top marks." I grin "Thanks." Clint shrugs putting the bandages and vile away "Let's go find Newt, you'll be in the gardens next." we walk over to a small patch of land with trellis on were a few gladers are raking the ground and pruning plants.

"Newt, your turn with the greenie." he walks over grinning "Thanks, Clint." Newt leads me over to a small patch of land with string around it."We need to dig this up." I nod and pick up a shovel Newt picks up a pick-axe and while I'm digging he breaks up the large rocks. "Bloody hell, your strong little sis." I smile sheepishly and shrug "Sorry." he shakes his head "Don't apologise it's a good thing." 

When we have finished digging the hole Newt leads me over to a small building which I guess is the kitchen. He knocks on the door and Fry opens it grinning "Hello Y/N welcome to my hideaway." I giggle slightly and Newt rolls his eyes walking away. "Come on in." he holds the door open wider and I step inside. 

Inside there is a cooker, sink, several cupboards and a large table in the middle of the room. I smile "What we doing?" he goes over to a cupboard and starts pulling out ingredients. "We are making lunch for the glade, meat pie." I raise an eyebrow "Is no one vegetarian." he laughs "Trust me no one around here is veggie, we all eat meat as its energy." 

I grin "What should I help with?" he shrugs "Do you know how to make pastry?" I shrug "I can try." I take out a bowl and some memories come back about family baking. I mix the ingredients together and make a perfect pastry. "That looks great, can you help me with this." he points to a large pan full of gravy, veg and meat. I walk over and together we lift the pot over to the table and put it down.

We get out the pie cases and line them with pastry and put filling inside. After putting a pastry top on we put them in the oven and I start cleaning up. Fry laughs "Your good at this." I smile "Thanks." A ting makes me jump and Fry laughs again "Just the timer." I scowl "I knew that." help him take the pies out the oven and cut them up. "What time is it?" Fry gestures at the wall were a clock is "Lunchtime." I help him get plates out and start dishing up the pie giving it out to the gladers.

I take the second to last plate handing the other to Fry "Were's Minho and some of the other gladers?" he smiles "There runners out in the maze." I nod and leave the kitchen walking with Fry to a table were Newt, Alby, Clint and a glader called Winston are sitting. "Good pie." Newt mumbles Alby grins "You seem to be good at everything." I blush "Not everything." Clint laughs "She's being modest." Newt nods I scowl and go back to eating.

"There are other jobs but you don't have to try those. Tomorrow Minho will take you into the maze. Most people wouldn't but seeing as you've been doing so well." he trails off and I smile "That's very kind."