01

3rd person

Today was Annalece's first day of pokemon school since the move. To say she's been worrying herself ragged would've been an understatement.

She clings her wrists to her chest. As she approaches the building.
The murmurs floating Around her mind made it hard to concentrate on her surroundings.

~Annalece

I stared down at my feet, with each waking step, as I approached the school wearily. I was worried shitless, and practically pooring sweat. I hated pokemon. So why in the name of Arceus did I actually listen to Mama?

Eventually, I went on autopilot. Not exactly paying much attention to where I was going, until I walked into someones bare chest. I pick up my evidently adgitated orbs with a huff, to meet the friendly gaze of who appeared to be my new teacher. Great. I scanned his open features, narrowing my eyes.

"Alola! Welcome cousin! You must be Annalece. Professor oak told me all about you. Come on in and find a seat!" He motions toward the classroom behind him, filled with students and their chattery pokemon.

I roll my eyes, responding with a mere grunt as I shoved past him. Huffing through my nostrils I scan the room before locating the first empty seat, and sulk my way there. Finally I sink back in my desk, letting my head fall with a thud.

As time went by, and my ocean blue orbs met the glint of light reflecting off the brink of my desk, I couldn't help but ponder my life. I've always been so different from everyone else. It wasn't like I hadn't traveled to Alola before. It was just, the last time I was here--I wasn't exactly normal--but I was a little more open to the idea of having pokemon. Mainly because I considered them as objects. It was wrong of me, to think like that; I know.

It was just the way I was raised. At least it was the way my father raised me. My mother hated the way I acted around pokemon. She hated the fact that I despised them, and she wanted nothing more than to watch me train with a pokemon of my very own rather than renting hers out, just to collect rare items.

I've always had this, fondness of z-crystals. I've collected them since...since I was just a little tween yearning to go on my own adventure. My mother didn't like the idea of letting me go off on my own when I eventually hit ten, especially if I'm not going on some action packed pokemon adventure with a poke-pal of my very own. So she was actually fine with letting me use her pokemon back then. There was something about collecting rare items that really got my adrenaline pumping.

I always assumed it was because of my wild side. My pokemon side. But it wasn't like my personality type shifted when I changed. And my mind doesn't just flush away like you'd read in some kind of marvel fanfic where the symbiote yearns to take control. I don't feel more than one presence in my body, but I do feel slightly more intelligent as well as responsible. Doing the right thing becomes an instinct. I'm sure it's because Of the accident that turned me into this living abomination. Although; it does feel like I'm the only person aware of this.....'mental miscalculation.'

After rambling on within the safety of my own thoughts, sooner or later my mind links to the seemingly forgotten pressence of who I assumed to be the pokemon that belonged to my peers. My chest tightens up, and my thoughts slur together.

'Woah, did you sense that?'

'Y-Yeah...I-I think there's a new pokemon here.'

'Pika, I-It's so strong...'

'Where's it coming from?