33

~ Annalece

It's been a few days since my mom died. Kukui thinks I'm stuck in denial. I wanted so bad to prove to him, I wasn't just Being paranoid. This has something to do with my father. I just know it, I feel it in my gut.

So of course I dragged promise All the way To the pokemon center late at night, I had a little Scheme cooked up. It was guaranteed to fail, I knew I was being stupid. That's why I Dragged Kiawe into it too.

'If there's anything you need...anything at all. I'm always here, we are friends After all right?' I kept him to his word. Although I didn't really expect myself to rely on him, I really needed someone to help me with this That isn't A father figure that scolds me for even coming up with the idea.

It was late, the tropical Alolan breeze would've been soothing Had none of this bullshit Drama with my mom Never happened.
We crept around The back of the pokemon center, the paper here Has Always contained one scent in particular; a scent similar To Pork-rines and Coconut oil. That's how I knew the Files on patients alongside special pokemon were kept somewhere in this area.

I was waiting For the Clock to strike twelve in the morning. That's when nurse-joy usually abandons front counter for Up to fifteen minutes To give admitted pokemon Their specified doses of Medicine.

It felt like we were in some sort of spy movie. the way I pressed my back against the wall, pointing my Ear in the direction of the door. I had to be alert of my surrounding In order to hear the Lobby's bell Go off, signifying Nurse joys leave.

I was Startled When kiawe placed an anxious hand on my shoulder. "U-Uhh annalece..When I said I'd be here if you needed anything I really meant that-"  "shush, I'm trying to listen." I shove my hand in his face. My right ear would've twitched anxiously if I were zoroark at the moment, the sound of the phone ringing Shot my nerves to say the slightest.

"Annalece...Listen to me. You're in denial, you need to calm down and think this through before you go stealing Information like that-" I shot him an icy glare. "I-I mean it's not that I don't trust your judgement-"  "my dad has something to do with this I know it. Just please. Please do this for me...at least...don't let me do this alone..." my voice grew fickle towards the end of my sentence.

I eased up When he Sighed in defeat. "Okay...but if what you find upsets you don't say I didn't warn WOAH-" the second The Bell Jingles, I hastily grab kiawe by the arm and drag him through the Cracked Door.

"Hey- Easy, Easy you're gonna tear my arm off-" "ssshhhh." I place my right index finger on my lips, holding him Back against the Wall With my arm yet again. I peep around the corner of the hallway, noticing a suspicious Looking door. But we'd have to sneak past the Lobby, it was right there. It was like crossing a feeble bridge Yet instead it was a narrow hallway. And Cameras littered the Lobby. There was No doubt a camera might be pointing towards the door to that room too.

Promise peers out of my bag.
'How are we supposed To Get over there without getting spotted?' I glance back at her, "I'm going to need your help."
I tried to make the sentence sound more like a statement rather than a response, I didn't know if it looked that way though. Kiawe would've probably thought I was crazy, then again this entire decision practically Reeked crazy all over.

"Use Ember, to knock out the survailance Cameras." With that she nods, leaping out of my bag; landing on her paws. As soon as I felt her pawing at my ankle I knew It was safe to pass by. "Vandalism is a felony you know." Kiawe gripes. "Oh stop being such a Damn sobble and Come the fuck on." He narrows his eyes, and I smirk before dragging him towards the door of the office.