38

~ Annalece

So, swinging myself through that entire obstacle course was probably one of the most complicated things I've faced in the past couple days.

Why? I felt like I was going to collapse at the very end. Facing off with sophocles and his charjabug- I had to cast both an illusion and adapt to the terrain in order to fight him. Mainly because there wasn't exactly any way I could use flying type move, so I had to fake it, to distract him-

Then when he confusedly let his guard down, I struck him from behind with night-daze, which blasted the pokemon into the edge of some large mountain. The rocks that collapsed on it mainly caused it to faint.

After using that last move I found myself dizzily stumbling on my feet, as I rushed to the aid of the fainted pokemon. Sifting through the rocks I free the wee thing; cradling it in my fluffy arms, as I wearily approached my friends now gathering around the beachside.

"Woah-!! You're really strong-!!" Ash's voice startled me, although I did sense him approaching, I just wasn't expecting it.

I merely shrug in response, panting heavily. Standing up was slowly growing more and more complicated.

"Hey Annalece-?? You okay?" Kiawe places his hand on my shoulder, which would've probably been more reassuring had I not been in the form of this weird, giant shiny beast.

I sigh, wincing; "Y-Yeah, uhh I just need a minute to regather myself you know..."

My friends now stare at me with worry etched into their features. Mallow places her hand on my forehead. Her icy cool skin felt quite soothing against my seering heated fur.

"Annalece, you're burning up-" I shrug her hand away, flashing a fake grin.
"Pff, I'll be fine. I just need sleep." With that I weakly smile, waving them off-  "You guys are probably the best friends I've ever had. Thank you for helping me..."

They seemed to stare back at me speechless as I hunch down onto my front paws. I felt someone eagerly nuzzle my arm, from below. I purse my lips glancing down at promise's pleading orbs.

'You should stay with them...they can heal you...'

I pat her head before nudging her into my mane. "I'll be just fine. You focus on resting up-"

I motion for Sophocles to fork over my bag, with my pokemon Intact. He does so, but I could tell he wasn't so sure about letting me leave right now. I couldn't really blame him. I looked like a train wreck- and hiding myself wouldn't be all that easy considering how weak I actually am right now.

"Bye guys." I smile back at them before scrambling off. Limping through the tiny tropical town, my thoughts seemed to race a mile a minute. I could sense my pokemon eagerly awaiting their release from their pokeballs. The defening shadow of night slowly falling over the streets shrouding them in a thick veil of darkness seemed to leave a bad taste in my mouth. I was already having trouble seeing, and my chest felt like it was going to explode.

Do pokemon sweat?
If so, then that's probably why my fur is so matted right? I really hoped I wasn't still bleeding from the gash I made when I dived the wrong way into the water earlier into the obstacle course. I didn't want them to see it, but honestly battling like that made me feel diseased.

I came to a halt in front of the pokemon school, gazing out at the beach scraping the brim of the land. The stars in the sky seemed to have multiplied, and eventually it feels like they're all coming at me a mile a minute. Or second?

"Annalece-?? I-Is that you??"

I'm not all that startled by the voice ringing from behind me. When I glance back, I find none other than professor kukui staring at me- grocery bags balled in both hands.