24

~ Annalece ~

[ flash back ]

As the blobs slowly become recognizable, I lean against a tree in order to reclaim a little bit of energy.

"Annalece!! Can you here me?!"
I tried speaking, but no words came out. Instead I cough up drops of blood, before collapsing into someone's arms. "We've gotta get her to the pokemon center Now!"

[ flash back ends ]

The last few words I remember hearing, eventually faded into a big blob of mesh.

When I wake i take in my surroundings. I glance down at my hands to make sure I hadn't shifted in my sleep.

I heave a dry sharp breath, although I still ached all over
I was quite relieved.

Recollecting my thoughts I carefully scan my wherabouts. Being in the cott of the nearest pokemon center was something to be greatful for, but when i look back on what happened; I felt A twinge of pain reverberating within my chest. It felt like a surge of power, but I wasn't quite sure. I was glad to be alone,
Then I felt better about loitering over to the mirror in the corner of the room.

I looked completely normal physically, although my close were a mess. My jeans were littered with holes and burn-marks. The center of My shirt must have gotten torn from the fall.

Suddenly something twinkled against the glinting room light- catching my attention. It was like an orb of some sort, it's colours changed In consistence, along with my eyes. Fear soon courses through my veins.

To say I was frightened would be an understatement, I was absolutely horrified. What was it? Some sort of mega stone? Or maybe it's a new type of medicine... ? Will it control some sort of new power? How was I supposed to control it???

So many questions have my mind boiling. I needed to figure out a way to hide it, but I could barely understand what it was now..or what it meant about me.

I gently graze the it with my index finger, curiously.

Adapt

Those words felt like a hymn within the body of my mind.
I couldn't understand what was going on, I gaze down at my hands. I narrow my eyes hopeful that would do anything.

When I felt at ease I only sigh. But then...my hands start- glitching.
From light paws, to dark paws, to dagger like claws to Electrified ones. I face the mirror, and realise...my entire body was shifting. I'd change In consistence- it was as if, my body had remained in the form of zoroark, but my coat..the way I looked. It kept changing. Flickering.

Adapt, adapt, adapt, adapt. Those words kept Repeating in my mind, like a voice hidden in my brain. I couldn't stop it, I could only clench onto my hair in irritation, and growl. My heart rakes against my chest. With every thrum, there's a new change. Zoroark begins to look more, more, and more, different. And eventually i couldnt even think straight.

The world around me went in slow motion but my body just kept shifting;  My agility accelerating...

My breathes hitch, and I stumble back, landing on the ground with a huff. My body abruply shifts back.

The sound of muffled voices soon overpower my thoughts.
The door to the room opens revealing All my friends, and of course professor kukui.

"Annalece!!" They exclaim, bolting over to me, and we all hug. I was glad to have people this close to me. Dealing with this alone could've resulted in my very demise. And I wasn't sure if anyone could be ready for that.

"What happened to you? You were gone for almost two days!" Kukui snarls, "wondering off like that for so long is completely unacceptable. You could've gotten killed on you-" suddenly a glint of understanding washes over his glossed orbs, as if he'd just realised something.

"But really where were you?" Kiawe asks, "there have been search parties sent all around akala looking for you..." Lana gave a face of concern.

I don't say anything, I only scan the room for my backpack. When I finally spot it, I rush over to grab it from beneath the cott. I take out my pokeballs, and finally release my pokemon like so.

Promise leaps out before glaring daggers at me, but shadow, lori, and allice practically trample me.
"I was trying to help these two find something they'd been traveling so long in search of." Lori turns around, noticing the ball of white fluff- snowy perched in lillies arms.

She hovers over to it, before smiling and padding at snowys curly cloud like Fur. Snowy only chirps in response, and I force myself to tune out as much dialogue coming between the two pokemon as possible. Promise leaps off the cott and scrambles over to ash's litten as it cleans itself. Like always, allice runs over to great pikachu- touching tails.

"WOOAAAHH!! WHAT KIND OF POKEMON IS THAT?!" Ash roars in exhilaration slightly spooking lori. She floats over behind me avoiding ash's burning gaze, "Im not exactly sure but I think it may be some sort of cosmog vulpix.."

"Awe come on out, I won't hurt ya." Ash chuckles, kneeling down to face lori whose sheepishly hiding behind me. "She had really extreme nuzzlocke blind, so I had to Mix something up to cure that." Kukui's gaze softens.

"That over there is Lori, and he's named shadow. He's rockruff's shiny form."

Mallow and Lana rush over to him, despite just barely beginning to fall asleep, "Wow!!!"
"Hes so adorable!!" Lana and mallow's eyes sparkle in amazement. I only chuckle.

Soon Lori finally comes out from behind me, allowing ash to stroke her fur, "you're so cool!" He laughs.

I was relieved everyone was too busy gawking at my pokemon to notice the rainbow orb thing on my chest, but I knew if it was noticed by someone- I was never going to hear the end of it. But just when I thought things were going smoothly,

"What's with the new necklace?" Sophocles motions towards my chest. Necklace? He thought it was a necklace? No doubt heads turned my way, so I did my best to play it off like it was nothing.

"N-Necklace of course it's a necklace! W-What else would it be Some-stone-that-helps-alter-the-form-of-certain-types-of-pokemon-without-knowing-any-real knowledge-of-how-it-ended-up- there?! I don't know what you're talking about!" The words pored from my mouth too fast before I could even stop myself. I mentally face palm feeling every scalding gaze. It felt like everyone could practically see through me it was so intense.

"Y-You know, I-I'm sort of tired meet you at the cabin Bye!!" With that I collect my pokemon and book it back to the cabin before anyone had the chance to interject. Promise refused to return to get pokeball, running alongside me in suprise.

"Annalece!! What's going on?? You're- You're going so fast!" I slid to a hault, before looking both trail directions, and scrambling across it I grab promise; dispersing into the nearest alleyway.

"I don't know!!" I squeak, "but something's happening to me- and I-It definetely has something to do with this- I point to my chest, accidentally tapping on it.

Seconds later a series of gemstones slither from my chest forming a large circle. Promise and I stare in awe, although I still felt a mind churning fear picking away at my thoughts as to what the hell was happening
right now.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
A/N: came up with something cool! Can't wait for you guys to see what else I've got!
Sorry if this chapter was hard to understand due to the stone thing, I'm going to update the next chapter asap, which might clear everything up. Thanks so much for reading!! XOX
-KrazyGhostwriter