"They trusted each other" - Jeff Atkins x reader

___________________________________________________________________________

She told him everything. Her sister. Her having to move away many, many times. And it was a relief. To get it out from her chest. And that he didn't away from her. He indeed told her he won't be going anywhere. Even if she pushed him away. And he meant it. Also because he didn't want to lose her though. Around so many people in liberty high, she was the one who felt.. real. To him.

And to her? He was special. After her sister, she thought no one or nothing could feel this right again. Ever again. She didn't expect everything to go good. But she didn't thought she felt like she needed someone.

"And i eh... i killed my sister.. i murdered her.. she's fucking gone" she tried to stop the tears that was pressing behind her eyes. Her throat was burning. She tried to swollow it, over and over again. No. Not because of the pain after loosing her sister. Not the words she kept inside through it all. Not because her guilt would hunt her forever. Not because she wanted to let it all out. To cry. Everything she once hold inside. She was over that, long time ago. Almost like ot was just a everyday thing. Nothing big.

No. It was all because she was scared. No, she was terrified. Terrified to lose him. Terrifed he'll think she's someone she's not. That she's a monster. Dangerous. She couldn't give a damn on what anyone thought. Neither did him. None of them cared about what other people ever said. Both of their lives was filled with horrible people. Words they never could get out. But they had each other, and it felt right.

"I know..." he said pulling her close by her waist. Her head dropped to his shoulder, and that's when it all felt good. She felt broken. So broken, but with him it didn't matter. None of it. She hugged him back, so tight because she was afraid he would just leave some seconds later. She knew that she couldn't take it. Not him. She trusted him. They trusted each other And it seemed like he already got it.

"I won't ever leave you Y/N. Whatever you're thinking of yourself, it's not true. Whatever it is" he said, burying his face in her hair, where her neck was.

"Y/N/N, your sister would be proud of you. Of who you really are" she pulled away, looking at him, tears streaming down her face. Her eyes looked like clear, clean glass from the teacher. The tip of her nose was a little pink. And her over lip red. Burning.

"I know I am..." he said so quite almost as a whisper. Without breaking the eye contact, he continued

"I love you Y/N..."

She didn't wanted to stop herself anymore. She kissed him. She gently held his face on her hands, and pressed her lips against his, and without even thinking, he kissed back. No hesitation.

And from that day they swore that they'd protect each other.

___________________________

Done. This honestly sucks but. Yeet.

Also my dumbass accidentally published this chapter before even finishing it XD. So here ya'll go