Chapter twenty eight*

A.N. WARNING! A character from the latest Fantastic Beasts installment, Crimes of Grindelwald, will be introduced along with a backstory that is revealed in the movie. It's been out for a while but if you haven't seen it yet and you don't want it to be spoiled for you, go rent it real quick and watch it before reading this chapter. Please keep in mind that everything written in the book past what happens in the movie is completely fictional and isn't in the actual story plot. Enjoy!

"A Phoenix tear?" Kingsley frowned and led her through the halls of the floor. "You know how hard it is to get a tear? Or to even just tame a Phoenix in the first place?"

"I know that. But you see my theory is some residue of the Phoenix tear that saved Harry in his second year is still inside him. If we could figure out how to extract it, that may just work." If that didn't there was always one more option...but she wouldn't bring that up unless her first idea didn't work.

"You can ask Remus about it. I don't know anything healing related." Kingsley admitted. He opened a side door and the two froze in shock. The room looked like it had been completely searched, and everyone in the room was scrambling around the room and rechecking opened drawers.

"What are you doing?" Kingsley frowned.

"Looking for something." Remus called over his shoulder as he dug through a cabinet.

"For what?" Madam Pomfrey questioned.

"A container." Fred said, taking a momentary break from searching.

"Container of what?" Kingsley asked impatiently.

"Mandrake roots." A woman said as she hurried past them.

"That only brings petrified people to to their ori-" Madam Pomfrey stopped as it suddenly clicked in her head why they would think to use it.

"Exactly." Fred said.

"It's not the same. She isn't petrified. She's just in a coma." Madam Pomfrey shook her head.

"Poppy at this point we're just running out of options." Remus sighed.

"I think I have something that can help you. Something that may be the last ingredient you need." She began.

"What?" Remus walked over, as did the rest of the group upon hearing her words.

"A Phoenix tear." Madam Pomfrey said clearly.

"Remind me how we're going to acquire one of those?" Remus raised an eyebrow.

"Harry." said Madam Pomfrey.

"He may be a great wizard but I doubt he can go catch a Phoenix and force a tear from it." Remus shook his head.

"No I'm not talking about that. I'm referring to how a Phoenix tear saved him in his second year. Residue may still be there."

"Impossible. First of all, that was six years ago. And second, the use of a Phoenix tear is a one time thing. When it's used it spreads out and cures whatever is hurt, and then vanishes. There's no chance anything is remaining." Remus frowned.

"There is one other way." Madam Pomfrey said hesitantly.

"What way?" Fred asked.

"Credence and Laura." She whispered.

"Poppy no. Don't even think about it." Kingsley warned.

"It has been confirmed Remus."

"Poppy stop." said Remus.

"Credence is a Dumbledore, and all Dumbledore's have a special relation with Phoenixes..." she drifted off.

"Will someone care to explain who either of those two are?" Fred asked.

"You should've learned this while going through the book "A History of Magic."" Remus snapped. Not only was that a book about Wizarding history but Bathilda Bagshot, the author, was the great aunt of Grindelwald.

"Oh please Remus you had us as students. You know we don't listen." said George.

"I suppose you'll need to know if we do end up going to him and his daughter." Remus sighed. "Credence was born as Aurelius Dumbledore, son to Albus Dumbledore when he was 19 despite how many thought he was Albus' half-brother. Albus was ashamed and upon the mother dying during birth, he sent the child away with the mother's sister. During a voyage to America, a girl named Leta Lestrange swapped two babies unbeknownst to anyone else. One was her younger brother Corvus, and the other was Aurelius. The real Corvus Lestrange passed away, and Aurelius was put up for adoption with that name instead. He then was adopted by a woman who was a no-maj-meaning she was very against magic-and named him Credence Barebone. Upon being mentally and physically abused by her, he became an Obscurial. That means there is an unstable and uncontrollable dark force inside you can burst out and attack at any time, then vanish. Credence joined Gellert Grindelwald on his quest to have wizarding domination over muggles, but failed. Dumbledore and Grindelwald faced off in what people say was the greatest duel of all time, and in the end Dumbledore rose victorious and won the Elder wand. Grindelwald was sent to Nurmengard which was a prison he created for his prisoners, and Credence was allowed to walk free upon strict surveillance by the ministry. Credence later found a wife-Nina-and had a child with her who was born as an Obscurial. Unfortunately Nina grew too afraid of the child and abandoned their family. Credence raised her alone and the ministry has verified neither have changed for the past twenty years, additional to occasional checkups. I believe Credence is ninety six and Laura is around forty. Credence refused to take the name Aurelius but changed his last name to Dumbledore to honor of the one who set him free from being bound to Grindelwald, and showing he was proud of his heritage."

"Dumbledore had a child?" asked Fred.

"Yes, although many still don't believe it. Grindelwald testified that Albus wrote to him about the whole ordeal and showed letters that proved it." Remus confirmed.

"So what's their relation to phoenixes?" George asked.

"It is said that a Phoenix will come to a Dumbledore in times of desperate need. It is confirmed that Credence has one he's been raising since he was a young boy." Madam Pomfrey said.

"So remind me what's stopping us from going there and getting a Phoenix tear?" Fred raised an eyebrow.

"Well first of all you can't make a Phoenix cry, it makes the decision whether or not to give a tear. Second, I said they haven't transformed in twenty years. I didn't say they were cured of the condition." Remus said dryly.

"Wait a second. You said that there were occasional checkups. By who?" George inquired.

"Their last living relative...Aberforth Dumbledore."