Chapter fifty eight

Saint Mungos was a mess. What once was a peaceful building, was now filled with shouted orders to tend to all of the wounded. Kingsley had lifted the burden of leadership from Harry's shoulders so he could focus on his friends, and he, Ginny, and Luna were waiting outside Draco's room for an update. They all had mild scratches, but it was nothing that couldn't wait to be treated.

"How is he?" Harry jumped up from his chair as soon as the healers came out.

"He'll be okay. It was a pretty severe blow to the head, but we've managed to stop the internal bleeding and mended his external injuries. I'd give him anywhere from a day to a week to recover. We aren't quite sure if he will have memory loss, that is to be seen. He's resting right now. You all can wait with him until he wakes up if you want. It shouldn't be much longer." the lead healer said.

"Thank you." They all murmured as the healers were rushed away to another room, and walked in.

"If you told me seven years ago that one day I would be at his bedside being concerned for his life..." Harry shook his head incredulously. It was amazing to him how things had changed.

"I was thinking the same thing. Remember when we thought he was the heir of Slytherin?" Ginny joked.

"What about Hermione?" Luna whispered.

Harry's heart dropped. In the chaos, it hadn't even occured to him that Hermione was still missing. Draco seemed off when he appeared at Azkaban...could he have found something out?

Draco's eyes fluttered open, and he squinted through the light at those around him.

"Draco? How are you? Do you know who you are?" Ginny whispered.

"...ow." Draco groaned.

"Do you remember what happened?" Harry asked seriously.

Draco nodded.

"Do you have a clue as to where Hermione is?" He pressed.

Draco's eyes widened. His hands moved frantically to search his pockets, and he attempted to sit up but Harry gently held him down.

"You're in no state to get up right now." Luna pointed out. Draco glared at her, and took out the piece of paper that had the address.

"Is she still here?" Harry asked quickly.

Draco reluctantly shook his head no, and felt the pit of guilt return.

"I'm going to go check it out. You all stay here, I'm going to go inform Kingsley. And whatever you do, don't let Draco get up." Harry warned, and walked out.

"He really thinks he's all that just because he saved the world from Voldemort." Ginny snorted.

"I mean that is a pretty high accomplishment. He also came back from the dead." Luna pointed out.

"Whatever. I'm better." Ginny shrugged.

Draco laughed, but his head began to pound as if someone kept hitting the top of his head repeatedly and he grit his teeth as to not let the pain show.

"Get some rest. There's nothing you can do for Hermione right now except for getting better to help find her." Luna said wisely.

"We'll keep you updated. We should go see what they're going to do." Ginny suggested to Luna.

"That's a good idea." Luna nodded, and led the way out of the room.

"Hey." Ginny said awkwardly, and looked at Draco.

"What?"

"Thanks for saving my life...or whatever."

"Anytime." He smiled.

Ginny rushed out of the room, and followed Luna to find Harry.

"Ginny? Ginny thank goodness." Arthur looked relieved, and sprinted through the room with his wife at his side to embrace their daughter.

"I'm fine. Gerrof me." Ginny mumbled from beneath them.

"We thought we saw you when we arrived but then we got here and couldn't find you." said Arthur.

"What happened? Are you hurt? You're bleeding." Molly fussed.

"I'm fine. Even though you think I'm young, I'm a good dueler. Nobody had a chance to hurt me." Ginny grinned.

"Well you almost got blasted into a wall, and you would've if Draco didn't save you." Luna said helpfully, and was confused at the glare she received from her closest friend.

"What do you mean? Is he okay?" Molly asked worriedly.

"Yes. He's recovering in that room over there." Ginny pointed.

"We're going to go thank him. We'll see you later." Arthur guided Molly away, and they walked to Draco's room.

"Thanks for that." Ginny scowled.

"Of course!" Luna said brightly, unaware of her friend's sarcasm. They weaved their way through people and looked for Harry.

"Look, there he is." Luna pointed. He was on the other side of the room talking to Kingsley, and had the paper from  Draco in his hand. And that's when it occurred to Ginny.

"Harry!" Ginny sprinted over.

"What's wrong?" Harry looked confused. He could tell she was worried.

"What if they come here? Or explode the building?" Ginny asked. "This is such an easy target."

"She's right." Kingsley frowned. "We should move as soon as possible. I'm going to put up protective charms in the meantime, but don't alert anyone for now. We should be fine."

"And if we aren't?" Harry challenged.

"People need medical treatment, Harry. The kind that they need to do here. We can't abandon them. If they do come here, we'll deal with it. Whatever you do, don't create panic and tell other people." Kingsley said firmly, and walked away to talk to Remus.

"Oh so he can tell other people but we can't."
Ginny rolled her eyes.

"We'll be fine though, right Harry?" Luna turned to him hopefully.

"I sure hope so. At the end of the day, all we can do is hope." Harry sighed.

They looked at everyone who was being treated, and realized Kingsley was right. There was no way everybody was going to be able to get out of there. And there was no chance they would leave anyone behind.

There was nothing to do, but wait.