9: The Festival [I Asar]

Thessalia remained busy, preparing for the coming Moon Festival. It was going to bring back some memories, but she still held to her tasks. Never will she be afraid again, she had promised her brother that one thing. She was willing to give up everything for him. He truly was training her, harder and harder. But she needed to make herself stronger. The only way to make herself stronger was to make her will stronger. And she was doing it. But she was not her brother. She will never be.

You are strong and you will be stronger. Her mother's words echoed every time she thought of the future and past. There was not a single word from Ruven Sunblood. And Lixiss has forgotten him completely. And he hadn't come back and haven't sent a single letter to anyone. Not even the people he trusted the most and loved. She had felt it twice now that Ruven loved her more than any she had met. But she couldn't accept the truth at the moment. And she wanted to hear it from him. And every time she thought of him, her heart sank with the fear that she might not see him again as the first person she had loved.

She walked all day around and around, ordering servants and workers all around. She kept thinking about Ruven all day and night before the event. She couldn't even sleep at night. She woke early on the morning of the festival and dressed in a dress she rarely wearied. She dressed in a silver long robes. It was made from the finest fabric all over the land, light and silky smooth. Its high-necked collars were embroidered with black color. Her wide sleeves were plain white from her elbow till the end. The belt around her waist was made of black diamonds. Her embroidered robes were what she wanted to wear on her wedding if someday it was to be held. Her dress was spread around her, but not too wide. Her hair was rolled up in a bun, leaving two strands of hair hanging free in front of her ears. Her circlet was also made of black and white diamonds. She sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror and turned around. At that very moment, Ailwin entered the room. He stopped dead and she stared at him.

He was wearing a pure black suit. His knee-length shoes were embroidered with black at the end of the shoes. His shirt was plain white along with his pants, but the coat he was wearing, Thessalia found herself wordless. The tips of his coat were touching the floor. And it was embroidered black. And it was having long collars. His hair was hanging free. And his golden diamond circlet shone brightly. He bowed his head and Thessalia bowed hers. "Should we?" Ailwin asked as he extended his hand and looked at her again. Thessalia smiled and nodded. She grasped his hand and together they walked out of the chambers, into the corridors beyond. When they reached the hall, they stared at each other. The doors opened and every single person looked at them. As they walked towards the throne, people gave them the way and bowed deeply. Together they climbed the stairs of the throne and Ailwin sat on it, pointing her to sit beside him. Today as one they will rule. She bit her lips once and obeyed.

"Welcome," Lixiss said and stepped forwards. Her robes were red with white embroidery. She too was looking so beautiful that words failed her.

"Thank you," Ailwin said and inclined his head in acceptance. He looked around himself and saw every single clan leader standing on the stairs of the throne along with Ethlando and Kegin. He smiled to himself and sighed through his nose. He looked at his left and saw Sapphirus standing in the shadows of the throne. And to his utter shock, on his sister's right was standing Lord of the Nobles, Isilynor. Thessalia looked at her and nodded, knowing it wasn't time to ask questions right now.

As the festival begins, the people of the Moonscribe Tribe danced around the hall, their bodies lightening up. Ailwin grew so bored that he couldn't think of anything. He yawned and Thessalia slapped him on his arm. "What?" He asked, dryly.

"Manners." She snapped and smiled at the performance.

"Will you dance with me?" He asked so suddenly that she almost fell off the throne. She glared at him.