19: The Ashes [I Ashes]

Ailwin opened his eyes and looked at his sides. Thessalia and Ruven were standing by his side, but the others were gone. He smiled weakly and moved with a speed of light and landed by the houses which were on fire. People were shouting with horror. "Get out and move towards the lakes, now!!!!" Ailwin shouted and few people looked towards him and ran towards the lakes. He looked around and saw water near some houses and smirked. You are a fool sometimes, Kegin. He thought and closed his eyes and awake his powers of the moon and the water, which were surrounding him. He opened his eyes and moved his hand towards the fire and the water followed his command. He will fight with water, if it fails, then with the wind, then with the fire and blood.

With his powers sealed, this was the best moment to open them and fight for the people he was born to safe. But the water was not affecting the fire and his hope threatened to vanish and he looked around in horror. Some warriors were running towards him and he moved few steps backward and ran away from the spot and into the streets leading to the forbidden district of Ashborne. He ran as fast as his wound would allow him and was there within a few minutes. He dropped on his knees in front of his mansion he had built for his Master and himself, but never got a chance to live there. Tears rolled down his face as blood again started coming out of his wound.

"Ailwin?" Someone called his name and he looked behind to find Elmyra staring at him with pain on her face and dried tears as if she had been crying for a long time. He pressed his lips and looked away from her. "Your wound isn't healed." She sat by him and touched his wound, but he pushed her away. He didn't need her pity.

"Leave me alone." He said with gritted teeth and stood up.

"How are you going to fight with your enemies and save Ashborne if you would not let me heal it?" She demanded and stood up, clenching her spear and glaring at him.

"I will heal by myself." He replied and walked into the mansion.

"Are you mad?!!!" She shouted and followed him inside. "It won't heal. That wound is given by a shadow, not by anyone else." She grabbed his arm and turned him with anger. He stared at her with anger but didn't say anything. "What is wrong with you?" She moved away from him and tears welled in her eyes, but she pushed her pain back and glared at him. "Do you want to die and make your father regret everything he did for you?" She pushed him back in hatred and turned around to leave but stopped and closed her eyes.

"Don't talk about him," Ailwin said with gritted teeth and gasped for breath. He grabbed her right wrist and fell, making her turn around in shock. She sat by his side and put her spear down. She looked at his wound and put her hands on it and closed her eyes. Behind her, a shadow appeared and surrounded them with his darkness. Ailwin gasped as the light was blocked and darkness surrounded him. But still, he could feel his wound healing and the pain fading away. After a moment he closed his eyes and went into his subconscious state.

Few moments passed and Ailwin slowly opened his eyes. He sat up straight and looked around, there was no one around him and his wound was completely healed. He took a deep breath and stood up, clenching his sword in his hand, and ran from the mansion. He found Elmyra waiting for him at the end of the forbidden district. She joined him and together they ran towards the war. He looked up and could see ashes falling upon the Ashborne. He glanced at her and asked, "Is there any way to put out that fire?" He could see that the fire was rising higher and higher and no one had been able to put it down.

"Only the two true hearts of Bloodfire can put it down. But who are they no one knows? Although, Lixiss and Ruven had tried it rose higher." She ducked as one of Kegin's warriors attacked her. She left him staring at her and ran forwards without glancing back. But Ailwin killed him and smirked.