18: The War [I Ohtatimeár]

Thessalia found someone at the front of the walls of Moonscribe castle and stopped dead. When the person turned around, her anger rose and grabbed her heart. She wanted to attack, but Elmyra was not holding her weapon. She smiled with regret and walked towards her. She lowered her head a little and spoke with urgency. "Ashborne is to burn soon. Beware of the chaos, Thessalia Moonscribe." She moved away and glanced at the wall. Someone was standing on the top of the gates. "Really soon it will burn. I have given you a warning. Stay alert." And she turned around to leave.

"Why would you betray your father?" Thessalia asked and looked at her.

"He is not my father!" Elmyra shouted and turned around to glare at her. "He never was." Her voice was low, but not calm.

"What do you mean?" Thessalia was shocked, but she couldn't tell what she meant. She couldn't show it.

"My father died when I was too young. I just remember him because of someone's memory who helped my mother, Aila Bloodfire survive." Elmyra shook her head and started walking again. "That is all I have to say." Thessalia didn't follow her but stared at her figure disappearing in the dark of the night. Aila Bloodfire? How was this possible? She shook her head and turned to gaze at the figure on the gates, but it was gone. She walked inside the castle, wrapping the cloak around herself, and looked around the lonely grounds, which once echoed with laughter and music. She closed her eyes and bit her lips. She could still hear the music. A sound that will never escape her mind. She sat by the fountain and looked at her reflection. She indeed was looking more beautiful than she has ever been. She let go of her cloak and it fell by her feet. Her dress was spread around her and most of the hair was covering the shoulder with the mark. She smiled and felt someone walking towards her. She looked over her shoulder and her smile vanished. Sapphirus was walking towards her with his serious face. He stopped by her side and looked in the pond.

"Don't hide the mark." He simply said and glanced at the moon.

"How do you know?" She asked and slowly stood up. He was someone she must fear.

"He is the mighty Nobilis." Someone chuckled behind her and she turned around to see a man with red long hair and a patch on one of the eyes standing behind the fountain. Sapphirus's eyes widen and took a step backward. The man laughed and a spear appeared in his hands. She looked at Sapphirus and he shook his head.

"Why are you here, Agua Clan Leader?" He demanded and grief shone in his eyes. He stepped in front of her and the Clan Leader burst out laughing.

"Now, is this what you have become?" Agua Clan Leader asked and laughed humorlessly. Thessalia bit her lips as shivers ran down her spine.

"Leave," Sapphirus spoke and she moved away. Was he truly going to let him walk away?

"You are scaring that pretty little lady. What is your name?" Almar Agua asked, staring at her.

"Stay away from her, Almar." A voice echoed from behind and Thessalia turned around to find Ailwin glaring at the Clan Leader.

"Ailwin!" Thessalia called and ran towards him. She stood by his side and looked back at Sapphirus and Almar if that was the name of the Clan Leader.

"So, she is your lovely sister I have heard about so much," Almar said and circled them. Sapphirus moved closer to Ailwin and his sister.

"Shut your ugly mouth and get lost," Ailwin said and moonlight started shining around him and the grass around him. Almar laughed and was gone.

"Ailwin." Thessalia grabbed his arm and looked in his eyes. The moonlight vanished and he walked inside the palace, she followed him along with his Master.