26: The Hope [I Estel]

Thessalia opened her eyes and found herself in a room covered in furniture. She sat up slowly as her whole body ached. She looked around and smiled, but fear crossed her heart. She came willingly, only to save Elora and yet the shadows killed her before leaving. What would happen to Ailwin? He will certainly go mad. She pulled her legs up and wrapped her arms around it, resting her chin on her knees. She wanted to cry, but there was no emotion left in her. And it was now she understood why Ailwin was the way he was. He had lost too much and those events took his emotions with every dying person. She looked around the room and closed her eyes. She will never let Kegin touch her.

"So, you are awake?" A soft voice echoed from the dark corner of the room and she jumped as she looked up. A figure walked towards her and stopped by her bed. It was Cyran.

"Cyran?" She whispered with a glimmer of hope.

"My Lady." He bowed and looked in her eyes with his Lakelight eyes. Thessalia smiled and moved out of bed.

"Where is Elmyra?" She asked hopefully, but Cyran shook his head and looked behind at the door. At that very moment, the door burst open and Kegin walked in. Thessalia went still and clenched her fists.

"How good to see you here." He clapped his hands and looked at Cyran, who bowed and walked out of the room, leaving the two of them alone.

"What the hell do you want?" Thessalia demanded and smiled as she looked directly in his eyes.

"What I want? It is simple. I want to marry you." Thessalia's smile widens and she laughed after a while when he didn't speak.

"If you remember, I am already married." She almost snapped but controlled her anger and worry.

"That I will take care of on our wedding day." He said as he smirked and moved towards her, but she moved backward and glared at him.

"My brother will kill you if you touch me." She said and held her head high. Kegin clenched his jaw and glared back at her.

"Liar." He said and turned around as a shadow appeared.

"My Lord, Ailwin Moonscribe was the reason behind the earthquake that shook the whole island. And he released only ten percent of his powers."

Kegin's eyes widen and he looked back at Thessalia, who smiled and looked away as if it was disgusting to be with him. He wanted to slap her on her face, but Ailwin will destroy the whole island if anything will happen to his sister. He was the son of his father. He was the true heir of Eldham. Kegin turned his head away and walked out of the room. The shadow looked at Thessalia and vanished. She closed her eyes and sank to her knees.

She curled herself against the bed and looked at the door. She waited for Cyran to come back, but he didn't. She wanted to know what happened to Elmyra that he was so painful. She wanted to sleep, but there was nothing for her here to rest for. She will fight against Kegin and do what he will say. But he will never know that she will never be his. She was born for Ruven. She will never fail her brother, not again.

***

Lixiss ran as fast as she could. She jumped over the buildings as she ran towards the Dawnsdust castle. Her heart was beating fast. If anything happens to Dalyor, she will be next to die. She landed hard on the ground and closed her eyes. Redwings of fire burst out of her back and she bit back her scream. She flew up in the sky and then towards her friend's home. And then she found shadows taking Thessalia away. She wanted to stop them, but she will be dead within a moment. She closed her eyes and looked away. She will never be able to face Ailwin again.

She moved away from the path and flew over the forest and landed on the grounds of the Dawnsdust. Her heart sank as she felt the dark powers of the shadows. She ran towards the gates of the castle. She heard screams as she entered the gates. She looked around and closed her eyes as she sensed the power. But there was nothing. She spread her consciousness and found the dark power of the shadows in the throne room. She opened her eyes and ran towards the throne hall. She opened the doors and spread her powers, fire erupting all around the walls and she heard the shadows hissing before she saw them. They were surrounding Dalyor's wife and ten years old daughter. And Dalyor was lying near the burning walls. He looked up at her as he sensed her powers and tears rolled down his face. Silently begging her to save his family. She nodded once and looked back at the shadows. Lady Dawnsdust was hugging her little daughter tightly and crying as she begged the shadows to let them live.