21: The Vengeance [I Vengeance]

They were fallen apart. The nobles went back along with the Lord and Ailwin stayed in the throne room, thinking who would take over the Crystalwinds Clan. Raemin volunteered and everyone accepted his offer and gave him the post, for they were the true Leaders of Crystalwinds. Ailwin stayed locked up in his study along with Sapphirus. Thessalia wanted to talk to him very badly, but she couldn't find a chance. Nobody else came to visit them. All of them were broken and lost. Lensa was gone and with her, she had taken her clan. There were no longer Crystalwinds, there was no longer Lensa. Thessalia's heart ached with pain and she glanced out of the window and spotted Ruven walking up the path into the castle. She turned around and ran out of her room and down the stairs and into the halls, before running out in the grounds. He was almost there when she hugged him and started crying. He stood still and stared at the distance inside the castle.

For the first time, he didn't comfort her and let her cry as much as she wanted to. After a while, she moved away from him and looked at his face, which was emotionless, but his eyes spoke otherwise. He looked at her and smiled. "She left with a mark that will burn brighter than any. I have been with her for a long time and knew her as a friend. Yet...yet she left." His voice was trembling and she realized that his heart also ached with the same pain. "Why?!!" He shouted and moved a few steps back. "Can someone tell me why we had to lose our friends as well?!!!" He couldn't hold it anymore. Thessalia stared at him with hopelessness and moved forwards, but he moved away. She stopped and her heart sank. "Thessalia, did we make a mistake?" He asked and fell on his knees. She moved towards him and hugged him. He started crying and grabbed her arms. She sighed and held her tears back, not wanting to cry anymore.

"There is no need to cry." Someone said and moved towards them. Thessalia looked behind, without letting go of Ruven. Ailwin walked towards them, his eyes were red with crying and anger. His hands were bleeding as well. Her eyes widen and she finally let go of Ruven and moved towards her brother.

"Ailwin?" She asked with horror and grabbed his hands which were still bleeding. Her heart started beating faster and faster. She managed to look up at his face and saw dried tears on his face. She cleaned them with her hands and embraced him. "Don't ever hurt yourself and hurt me. If you care for me, stop torturing yourself." She said gently, but the words were sharp like a knife. Ailwin nodded and pulled her away, looking at Ruven, who was standing and looking at them with love and passion.

"Come with me. Both of you." He turned around and walked inside. Ruven grabbed her right hand and walked after him. She silently let him take her with him and stared at the uncombed hair of her beautiful brother. It was strange for Ailwin to remain in such a condition. But she remained silent as they walked inside his study and Thessalia stopped dead. Books were scattered all around the floor and there were pages everywhere. And some torn books were burning in the fireplace. Ailwin picked up books here and there and put them on the shelves and made space for them. Ruven gave a glance at her direction and sat by the table, while Thessalia moved towards the fire and looked at the burning books inside it. Ailwin ignored her and looked at Ruven as he sighed and started talking.

"It has already been about six months and Lensa hadn't come back. And it is time for you and Thessalia to officially get married, in front of everyone." Thessalia turned around and stared at him with shock.

"Our lives will be in danger." She argued and moved forwards.

"That, I know more than you. But there is no other way. With Lensa gone, we are already lost." He slammed his hand on the desk and started breathing fast.

"Ailwin Moonscribe, you are not alone." A soft voice spoke from the shadows of the study and a girl walked towards them. Thessalia recognized her at once. She was Ava Isilme. She was still wearing her white dress as she stood by the fire and looked at them with keen eyes. "I have told you already that the mages are gone. I will soon pass away, too. My family was killed by Kegin but I lived. I have two years left. After that, my soul and body will disappear from this world. Apart from me, there is another mage. I have to go and find her. Permit me to travel far and I will bring her back to aid you in the battle." She was speaking only to Ailwin as she asked for permission. Thessalia and Ruven stared at her and then at Ailwin and waited for his answer. Ailwin stared at all three of them and stood straight. Before he could open his mouth to speak the door of the study opened and an elegant figure walked inside. Thessalia's breath stopped as she realized who it was. His black hair and red eyes were what she remembered every time she saw him. She looked away from him as battle scenes flashed through her mind. Her heart started beating faster and faster and Ailwin bowed.